Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer or accepted an offer for Child Nursing at Sheffield Hallam for March 2018? I can't seem to find anyone at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloefletch99)
    Has anyone got an offer or accepted an offer for Child Nursing at Sheffield Hallam for March 2018? I can't seem to find anyone at the moment!
    hi, i've recently accepted an offer for this course! Are you putting Sheffield as your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyharrison99)
    hi, i've recently accepted an offer for this course! Are you putting Sheffield as your firm choice?
    Already firmed it a few weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    Ah good! do you know anyone else starting in march? you're the only person i have found☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyharrison99)
    Ah good! do you know anyone else starting in march? you're the only person i have found☺️
    Yeah! I made a Facebook group but it won't let me post the link

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! I made a Facebook group but it won't let me post the link
    oh no😞 what's the name of it? maybe i can try and find it!

ReputationRep:
    I have!!! I'm really struggling with sorting out accommodation at the moment though??
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Hannahrose987)
    I have!!! I'm really struggling with sorting out accommodation at the moment though??
    Hey Hannahrose987

Can you give me more information about this and I'll see if there's anything we can help with?

Hannah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
    Hey Hannahrose987

Can you give me more information about this and I'll see if there's anything we can help with?

Hannah
    Hi,
    Thanks for contacting me!!

I've currently been offered accommodation at The Old Workshop site, but my problem is that the contract is tailored to a standard academic year, which means I will have to pay the fee for the 5-6 months that I'm not living there until my course starts in March 2018. I have to respond to this accommodation offer by tomorrow but I'm very dissatisfied.

Hannah.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,
    Thanks for contacting me!!

I've currently been offered accommodation at The Old Workshop site, but my problem is that the contract is tailored to a standard academic year, which means I will have to pay the fee for the 5-6 months that I'm not living there until my course starts in March 2018. I have to respond to this accommodation offer by tomorrow but I'm very dissatisfied.

Hannah.
    Hannahrose987 Have you booked your accommodation through the Sheffield Hallam accommodation services? If so, please can you give them a call on 0114 225 5555 (ask for accommodation) and explain your situation to them - they'll hopefully be able to sort you out and if you're starting in March, you might be able to get an accommodation contract that reflects that better.

Let me know how you get on!

Hannah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
    Hannahrose987 Have you booked your accommodation through the Sheffield Hallam accommodation services? If so, please can you give them a call on 0114 225 5555 (ask for accommodation) and explain your situation to them - they'll hopefully be able to sort you out and if you're starting in March, you might be able to get an accommodation contract that reflects that better.

Let me know how you get on!

Hannah
    Hi,
    Yes, I called them earlier and the man on the phone just said that it'll be subject to my contract that I'll have to pay or I can look for someone in the previous march intake looking for accommodation up to March but this may be very difficult.
    I'm not sure what else I can currently do.

Hannah
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,
    Yes, I called them earlier and the man on the phone just said that it'll be subject to my contract that I'll have to pay or I can look for someone in the previous march intake looking for accommodation up to March but this may be very difficult.
    I'm not sure what else I can currently do.

Hannah
    Hi Hannahrose987

Ok, sorry about this! If you're starting in March we would usually contact you in February to organise accommodation. I'll send you a direct message so we can try to resolve this.

Hannah

ReputationRep:
    When did you both send your ucas off? And how long from sending it off did you get an interview? Ive applied for adult nursing for march 2018 but I’m impatient and hate the waiting so neeeeedddd to know lol. Can’t remember how long it took last time (I’ve applied before and got a place) I’m only applying for shu this time though so the odds are against me, fingers crossed!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucypoz)
    When did you both send your ucas off? And how long from sending it off did you get an interview? Ive applied for adult nursing for march 2018 but I’m impatient and hate the waiting so neeeeedddd to know lol. Can’t remember how long it took last time (I’ve applied before and got a place) I’m only applying for shu this time though so the odds are against me, fingers crossed!
    I went through clearing after my alevels this year so i guess my experience will be different? But Shu let me have an interview like 2 days after results day when I called so i was really fortunate 😊 I'm sure it won't be a long wait! X

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully not, thank you and all the best for your course!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully not, thank you and all the best for your course!
    Thank you! Good luck for your application!! x

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take to hear back whether you had been offered a place or not?

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take to hear back whether you had been offered a place or not?
    About a week I think I can’t remember exactly

ReputationRep:
    About a week I think I can’t remember exactly
    Thanks. It’s a week tomorrow so fingers crossed. I’m pretty sure last time I had to chase it up and for whatever reason it wasn’t showing through ucas. Hope that’s not the case again
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thanks. It’s a week tomorrow so fingers crossed. I’m pretty sure last time I had to chase it up and for whatever reason it wasn’t showing through ucas. Hope that’s not the case again
    If you don't here anything by end of this week Lucypoz, I would call Admissions and just see what's happening! The number is 0114 225 5555

Let me know how it goes and if you need any help

Reanne

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.