The Student Room Group

SHU Child Nursing March 2018

Has anyone got an offer or accepted an offer for Child Nursing at Sheffield Hallam for March 2018? I can't seem to find anyone at the moment!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chloefletch99
Has anyone got an offer or accepted an offer for Child Nursing at Sheffield Hallam for March 2018? I can't seem to find anyone at the moment!

hi, i've recently accepted an offer for this course! Are you putting Sheffield as your firm choice?
Original post by lucyharrison99
hi, i've recently accepted an offer for this course! Are you putting Sheffield as your firm choice?

Already firmed it a few weeks ago :smile:
Ah good! do you know anyone else starting in march? you're the only person i have found☺️
Original post by lucyharrison99
Ah good! do you know anyone else starting in march? you're the only person i have found☺️

Yeah! I made a Facebook group but it won't let me post the link :frown:
Yeah! I made a Facebook group but it won't let me post the link :frown:

oh no😞 what's the name of it? maybe i can try and find it!
I have!!! I'm really struggling with sorting out accommodation at the moment though??
Original post by Hannahrose987
I have!!! I'm really struggling with sorting out accommodation at the moment though??

Hey @Hannahrose987

Can you give me more information about this and I'll see if there's anything we can help with? :smile:

Hannah
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hey @Hannahrose987

Can you give me more information about this and I'll see if there's anything we can help with? :smile:

Hannah

Hi,
Thanks for contacting me!!

I've currently been offered accommodation at The Old Workshop site, but my problem is that the contract is tailored to a standard academic year, which means I will have to pay the fee for the 5-6 months that I'm not living there until my course starts in March 2018. I have to respond to this accommodation offer by tomorrow but I'm very dissatisfied.

Hannah.
Hi,
Thanks for contacting me!!

I've currently been offered accommodation at The Old Workshop site, but my problem is that the contract is tailored to a standard academic year, which means I will have to pay the fee for the 5-6 months that I'm not living there until my course starts in March 2018. I have to respond to this accommodation offer by tomorrow but I'm very dissatisfied.

Hannah.

@Hannahrose987 Have you booked your accommodation through the Sheffield Hallam accommodation services? If so, please can you give them a call on 0114 225 5555 (ask for accommodation) and explain your situation to them - they'll hopefully be able to sort you out and if you're starting in March, you might be able to get an accommodation contract that reflects that better.

Let me know how you get on!

Hannah
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
@Hannahrose987 Have you booked your accommodation through the Sheffield Hallam accommodation services? If so, please can you give them a call on 0114 225 5555 (ask for accommodation) and explain your situation to them - they'll hopefully be able to sort you out and if you're starting in March, you might be able to get an accommodation contract that reflects that better.

Let me know how you get on!

Hannah

Hi,
Yes, I called them earlier and the man on the phone just said that it'll be subject to my contract that I'll have to pay or I can look for someone in the previous march intake looking for accommodation up to March but this may be very difficult.
I'm not sure what else I can currently do.

Hannah
Hi,
Yes, I called them earlier and the man on the phone just said that it'll be subject to my contract that I'll have to pay or I can look for someone in the previous march intake looking for accommodation up to March but this may be very difficult.
I'm not sure what else I can currently do.

Hannah

Hi @Hannahrose987

Ok, sorry about this! If you're starting in March we would usually contact you in February to organise accommodation. I'll send you a direct message so we can try to resolve this. :smile:

Hannah
Reply 12
When did you both send your ucas off? And how long from sending it off did you get an interview? Ive applied for adult nursing for march 2018 but I’m impatient and hate the waiting so neeeeedddd to know lol. Can’t remember how long it took last time (I’ve applied before and got a place) I’m only applying for shu this time though so the odds are against me, fingers crossed!
Original post by Lucypoz
When did you both send your ucas off? And how long from sending it off did you get an interview? Ive applied for adult nursing for march 2018 but I’m impatient and hate the waiting so neeeeedddd to know lol. Can’t remember how long it took last time (I’ve applied before and got a place) I’m only applying for shu this time though so the odds are against me, fingers crossed!

I went through clearing after my alevels this year so i guess my experience will be different? But Shu let me have an interview like 2 days after results day when I called so i was really fortunate 😊 I'm sure it won't be a long wait! X
Reply 14
Hopefully not, thank you and all the best for your course!
Original post by Lucypoz
Hopefully not, thank you and all the best for your course!

Thank you! Good luck for your application!! x
Reply 16
How long did it take to hear back whether you had been offered a place or not?
Original post by Lucypoz
How long did it take to hear back whether you had been offered a place or not?

About a week I think I can’t remember exactly
Reply 18
About a week I think I can’t remember exactly

Thanks. It’s a week tomorrow so fingers crossed. I’m pretty sure last time I had to chase it up and for whatever reason it wasn’t showing through ucas. Hope that’s not the case again
Original post by Lucypoz
Thanks. It’s a week tomorrow so fingers crossed. I’m pretty sure last time I had to chase it up and for whatever reason it wasn’t showing through ucas. Hope that’s not the case again

If you don't here anything by end of this week @Lucypoz, I would call Admissions and just see what's happening! The number is 0114 225 5555 :biggrin:

Let me know how it goes and if you need any help :h:

Reanne

Quick Reply

Latest