Milly17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there
Can anyone recommend a tutor for Government & Politics? I just need some extra support before the exams in a few months.

Thanks!
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Umm a tutor really isn't needed for this subject. What are you struggling with?
TitanCream
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you need help I'll be happy to do so. I achieved an A overall and will be studying Politics at uni
wowza09
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TitanCream)
If you need help I'll be happy to do so. I achieved an A overall and will be studying Politics at uni
Im also struggling with revision, im working a b/c level currently and was wondering if you can help me with things such as what i need to know for participation and voting behaviour and pressure groups. Also, the ways you recommend i should revise in ie, content first, keywords second and then exam papers
TitanCream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by pri8315)
Im also struggling with revision, im working a b/c level currently and was wondering if you can help me with things such as what i need to know for participation and voting behaviour and pressure groups. Also, the ways you recommend i should revise in ie, content first, keywords second and then exam papers
Not a worry, of course. Best to do it over PM however.
citibankrec
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did you do Ideologies dude?
TitanCream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by citibankrec)
Did you do Ideologies dude?
Yup! My favourite module.
citibankrec
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Could you just give me some tips, please?

I just find the questions confusing.

cheers
TitanCream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey if anyone needs help, please PM me. For those doing the ideologies module, I cannot stress how useful this book is:

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/S...+heywood&sts=t
Milly17
Rep:
?
It's more to do with using examples to answer the question and back up your
answer
Milly17
Rep:
?
(Original post by zayn008)

answer. Any guidance will helpful. Thanks,
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lucky! I'm doing the USA… it's so rubbish. My teacher also skipped political parties even though I said so many times it was the one I really wanted to do, she did the same last year with the UK. So I've just been forced to learn useless information about pressure groups and voting behaviour because my teacher doesn't mind if I drop my A providing the rest of the class does better than last year (above a D). Sucks a lot tbh.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Milly17)
answer. Any guidance will helpful. Thanks,
If you go on get revising there's some excellent essay plans with good examples - https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/...nt_essay_plans go through the authors other posts to find ones for other topics. Found these extremely useful around this time last year
TitanCream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Milly17)
answer
Ok! Tell me more.

Lucky! I'm doing the USA… it's so rubbish. My teacher also skipped political parties even though I said so many times it was the one I really wanted to do, she did the same last year with the UK. So I've just been forced to learn useless information about pressure groups and voting behaviour because my teacher doesn't mind if I drop my A providing the rest of the class does better than last year (above a D). Sucks a lot tbh.
Eek we never went over that. Parties is certainly the easiest.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ok! Tell me more.

Eek we never went over that. Parties is certainly the easiest.
I would say it's easy because it's interesting, I think people find voting behaviour easy because you just repeat the same thing like you just need to know the stats and the significance, I find it hard because it's boring. Parties has a lot of content but it ties in so well with everything, you can use it in all the other topics... not sure if I should risk doing it myself or if I should just do the ones my teacher says to
TitanCream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would say it's easy because it's interesting, I think people find voting behaviour easy because you just repeat the same thing like you just need to know the stats and the significance, I find it hard because it's boring. Parties has a lot of content but it ties in so well with everything, you can use it in all the other topics... not sure if I should risk doing it myself or if I should just do the ones my teacher says to
I knew someone who "taught" himself another module. Needless to say, he failed but he was also a lazy person.
Tigerking99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can you help me too?
Ariana1998
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi!

Could anyone help me with contemporary examples especially those related to political parties (Unit 1.2 in GCE edexcel)? I've been struggling to find more appropriate and recent examples from the current Conservative Party since Theresa May has taken over..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
TitanCream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tigerking99)
Can you help me too?
Of course. PM your particular needs.
JordanUK
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi both,

(Sorry OP for hijacking thread)

How possible would it be to teach yourself A level government and politics?

I'm a mature student who is interested in self teaching. It is a subject where you need instruction or is there a self contained textbook that covers the whole syllabus?

Any advice you can give me or recommendations for textbooks would be much appreciated. I'm looking to sit the whole A level next summer.

Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads