The Student Room Group

HIgher Physics Questions Thread

ve a quick question for you on the 2006 discontinued higher physics paper section a question 2. The Answer is D but the only way i am getting to that answer is when i 40+30+30=100, 100/2= 50ms-1 but that does not really make sense unless your dividing it by 2. Multiplying by 2 gives you the time to the highest point so dividing by 2 should give you the time before you hit the ground. Going by this the correct solution should be 40/2=20ms-1, 20+30+ 50ms-1. Any way is that the correct method to do this question?
Original post by Reveen Reji
ve a quick question for you on the 2006 discontinued higher physics paper section a question 2. The Answer is D but the only way i am getting to that answer is when i 40+30+30=100, 100/2= 50ms-1 but that does not really make sense unless your dividing it by 2. Multiplying by 2 gives you the time to the highest point so dividing by 2 should give you the time before you hit the ground. Going by this the correct solution should be 40/2=20ms-1, 20+30+ 50ms-1. Any way is that the correct method to do this question?

With respect, if you want an answer, you need to post the full question - preferably a scan.

Responders are highly unlikely to spend time searching for the question on-line.

People will be only too happy to reply but you need to do the donkey work which is fair considering you have asked for their help. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest