The Student Room Group

Further Maths in one month?

Hi there
I am studying maths, biology and chemistry and have recently decided to do maths in university. However, this requires me to do further maths which I am not doing so I was wondering if I could self teach myself AS further maths in the summer and begin year 13 with an extra A level i.e. further maths (or i could swap chemistry for further maths)?
Thanks.
maths and further maths are extremely difficult even with the help of a teacher
That completely depends upon how good you are at maths and what grade you would be aiming for. But it is completely doable if you are indeed good. I taught myself a third A-level in maths and put minimal time into it. For one of the modules, the first time I opened the book was 2 days before the exam, and I still achieved an A* (It was D2 though to be fair! Haha).

So in conclusion, yes very doable, but the amount of effort needed alongside your other studies will depend greatly upon how good you are at maths.
I'm self teaching additional further maths AS alongside 5 other AS levels - it's not too much work if you enjoy maths and don't find it difficult.
Reply 4
Original post by Mathlete18
That completely depends upon how good you are at maths and what grade you would be aiming for. But it is completely doable if you are indeed good. I taught myself a third A-level in maths and put minimal time into it. For one of the modules, the first time I opened the book was 2 days before the exam, and I still achieved an A* (It was D2 though to be fair! Haha).

So in conclusion, yes very doable, but the amount of effort needed alongside your other studies will depend greatly upon how good you are at maths.

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by dogdogdog
I'm self teaching additional further maths AS alongside 5 other AS levels - it's not too much work if you enjoy maths and don't find it difficult.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest