The Student Room Group

How do you feel about being called Mistress/Master/Lord/Lady, etc?

I was called Mister when I was at a bank about 3-4 months ago.
I really liked it.
Mister is a way of saying, Master.
I feel that I would like to be called Master.
It would make me sound posh and respected.

I feel the same way about the terms similar to Master.

What about you?

I'm not talking about the other meaning of Master/Mistress, please do not talk about that.

Scroll to see replies

Fairly standard sales tactic. They know people are easily flattered so they show you some false deference to make you more pliable and keep you coming back.
Reply 2
Call me SIR, MASTER! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Call me SIR, MASTER! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sir is nice too. Is there a feminine version to Sir or is it, Lady?
Reply 4
Used to love it when the doctors and bank would call me Master Zayn (or my surname), got a letter last week addressed to Master Zayn lol, I think they only use it for young people tho
Original post by zayn008
Used to love it when the doctors and bank would call me Master Zayn (or my surname), got a letter last week addressed to Master Zayn lol, I think they only use it for young people tho

Oh, Master Zayn sounds very posh!
I like to be Called "Sgt. Lord Supreme ruler commander Pepper!"
Call me Daddy.
The female version of Sir is Lady. I hate being called Miss- it makes me feel like some old spinster as I'm in my thirties :biggrin: I'm hoping to do a PhD so I am thoroughly looking forward to being able to refer to myself as Dr :biggrin:
Original post by hezzlington
Call me Daddy.

looooool 😖😩
Original post by princessmaire80
The female version of Sir is Lady. I hate being called Miss- it makes me feel like some old spinster as I'm in my thirties :biggrin: I'm hoping to do a Ph You D so I am thoroughly looking forward to being able to refer to myself as Dr :biggrin:

Sorry. Sir- madam. Lord-lady.
As you get older you'll find yourself called madam in these situations. Bank, drs etc.
At my local Chinese, the owner calls all men sir and all women girl! Makes me feel five!
Doh sorry- been asleep most of the afternoon! Will teach me to post half asleep :biggrin:
I hate being called madam or ma'am as well- just really gets my back up for some reason!
I have a few titles I wouldn't mind being called by.

1) Lady Commander
2) Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm
3)Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Unburnt, Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains, Queen of Mereen
OH NYESS. Is this McDonalds, because I'm lovin' it.

In Asia, honourifics are a big deal. I'm a senior and all the younger kids use honourifics with me and its such an ego boost. Especially with the lil shits you don't like. If they try calling me by my first name I stare em down and say something like "What makes you think we're on a first name basis? Are we even friends?" AND OH MY GOSH I FEEL SO POWERFUL ITS RIDICULOUS.

Luckily I can get away with not using honourifics with elders becuase I'm 'foreign' wkwkwk.

TL;DR honourifics are my kink.
Original post by saraxh
looooool 😖😩

you know it
Call me Daddy.

Hey Daddy. You're 2 weeks late with your child support money. Cough up.
I still can't get used to being called "sir" in most situations.

Like, a few months ago, I was doing outreach for some year 8 and 9 students and one of them asked a question and got my attention by saying "Sir, [Question]?", even though I'd introduced myself to them with my first name. It took me quite a while to realise he was talking to me and not his own teacher.
Original post by prazzyjazzy
Hey Daddy. You're 2 weeks late with your child support money. Cough up.

you're my daughter??

@retro_turtles

you have a sistah from another mistah
Vesniep is fine on its own.

Master/Sir/Lord Vesniep... meh i don't like all those titles.

Spoiler

you're my daughter??

@retro_turtles

you have a sistah from another mistah

I have a sister?!

Psst stop hoeing around

Edit: Makes sense.... @RetroTurtles and I have a lot in common.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest