The Student Room Group

Accommodation or finance - which comes first?

Hey,

Firstly sorry if this has been asked loads, nothing useful came up on Google!

I'm just wondering if I should apply for accommodation first or student finance first? Obviously i'll need finance for accommodation but I don't want to miss out on accommodation because I haven't sorted student finance.

If anyone can give me info on the whole process of applying for both side-by-side that would be appreciated!

My firm is Southampton and my insurance is Surrey incase it matters.

Cheers, Alex
Original post by itsalexs
Hey,

I'm just wondering if I should apply for accommodation first or student finance first? Obviously i'll need finance for accommodation but I don't want to miss out on accommodation because I haven't sorted student finance.

If anyone can give me info on the whole process of applying for both side-by-side that would be appreciated!

Cheers, Alex

Finance so you don't book a room somewhere you can't afford, at least look at the student finance calculator before you book anywhere.
Original post by itsalexs
Hey,

Cheers, Alex

There is no correct order- the two are independent of each other. Student finance is open now so get applying. When accomodation opens varies by uni, you need you need to check Southampton accomodation website to see if you can apply yet. And Surreys website to see what their policy is with insurance students.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Finance so you don't book a room somewhere you can't afford, at least look at the student finance calculator before you book anywhere.

Original post by jelly1000
There is no correct order- the two are independent of each other. Student finance is open now so get applying. When accomodation opens varies by uni, you need you need to check Southampton accomodation website to see if you can apply yet. And Surreys website to see what their policy is with insurance students.

Thanks guys, I've gone ahead and applied just incase i miss out but haven't picked anything too ludicrous so i should be fine with my loan 👌

Quick Reply

Latest