alicepalacexx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone,
So ive written my first ever personal statement draft for veterinary nursing. I havent undertaken my placement for work experience yet so i cannot add anything with regards to what i have learnt until ive done the work experience. Please let me know if there is anything i could change, add or remove, and let me know what is good and bad about it. Honesty will not offend me! Haha, thanks

Veterinary nurses have always been role models of mine. Their ability to think on the spot, assist veterinarian surgeons in complex manners, and deal with emotional or grieving pet owners are all qualities that have always stood out to me. They are qualities that i believe i do posses, however not in depth. This course would enable me to build on these strengths and develop new ones i never knew i could.

While the role is certainly challenging, i believe it brings about many rewards- some of which are invaluable. My passion for animals and their wellbeing and my wish to work with them in the future has fuelled me to choose this exciting degree.

My clearest memory, from when i was around 4 years old, was when my elderly cat was taken to the vet to be "put to sleep". Little did i know about euthanasia, i still remember the veterinary nurse who comforted me when i began to cry, allowing me to pet my cat Lesley for the last time. The nurse explained to me how my cat was 'poorly' and that he wanted to go up to "cat heaven". I believe that, to some extent, this personal experience had led me to aspire to become a veterinary nurse, realising that the role requires helping not just only animals, but owners who were confused and young like me.

If i were to qualify as a veterinary nurse, it would be a passion of mine to face a new challenge every day, uncertain of what new situation may come through the doors. From this i gain a thrill, a drive to help animals and their owners, an increasing motivation to make a difference.

Thanks for reading!!
Abi7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alicepalacexx)
Hi everyone,
So ive written my first ever personal statement draft for veterinary nursing. I havent undertaken my placement for work experience yet so i cannot add anything with regards to what i have learnt until ive done the work experience. Please let me know if there is anything i could change, add or remove, and let me know what is good and bad about it. Honesty will not offend me! Haha, thanks

Veterinary nurses have always been role models of mine. Their ability to think on the spot, assist veterinarian surgeons in complex manners, and deal with emotional or grieving pet owners are all qualities that have always stood out to me. They are qualities that i believe i do posses, however not in depth. This course would enable me to build on these strengths and develop new ones i never knew i could.

While the role is certainly challenging, i believe it brings about many rewards- some of which are invaluable. My passion for animals and their wellbeing and my wish to work with them in the future has fuelled me to choose this exciting degree.

My clearest memory, from when i was around 4 years old, was when my elderly cat was taken to the vet to be "put to sleep". Little did i know about euthanasia, i still remember the veterinary nurse who comforted me when i began to cry, allowing me to pet my cat Lesley for the last time. The nurse explained to me how my cat was 'poorly' and that he wanted to go up to "cat heaven". I believe that, to some extent, this personal experience had led me to aspire to become a veterinary nurse, realising that the role requires helping not just only animals, but owners who were confused and young like me.

If i were to qualify as a veterinary nurse, it would be a passion of mine to face a new challenge every day, uncertain of what new situation may come through the doors. From this i gain a thrill, a drive to help animals and their owners, an increasing motivation to make a difference.

Thanks for reading!!
How I would change it (But not how you have to change it) Hope this helps!!

Veterinary nurses have always been role models to me. Their ability to think on the spot, assist veterinarian surgeons in complex manners, and deal with emotional, grieving pet owners are qualities that always stood out to me. They're qualities that I believe I posses, but wish to build on. This course will enable me to build on these strengths and develop new ones I never knew I could.

While the role is certainly challenging, I believe it has many rewards, some of which are invaluable. My passion for animals, their wellbeing, and my wish to work with them in the future fuelled me to choose this exciting degree.

My clearest memory, from being 4 years old, was when my elderly cat was taken to the vet to be "put to sleep". I knew nothing of euthanasia. I still remember the veterinary nurse who comforted me when I began to cry, allowing me to pet Lesley for the last time. The nurse explained to me how my cat was 'poorly' and that he wanted to go to "cat heaven". I believe that, to some extent, this personal experience led me to aspire to become a veterinary nurse, realising that the role requires helping not only animals, but owners who were confused and young like me.

If I were to become qualifies as a veterinary nurse, it would be a goal of mine to face a new challenge every day, despite the uncertainty of what may come through the doors at any moment. From this I gain a thrill, a drive to help animals and their owners, and an increasing motivation to make a difference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (104)
5.14%
Uncertainty around my education (304)
15.01%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (215)
10.62%
Lack of purpose or motivation (282)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (91)
4.49%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (114)
5.63%
Loneliness (175)
8.64%
Financial worries (74)
3.65%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (89)
4.4%
Exposure to negative news/social media (96)
4.74%
Lack of real life entertainment (111)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (179)
8.84%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (191)
9.43%

Watched Threads