Do I really need to revise ALL this? Watch

Tea2345
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm doing AQA AS Level Biology - exam is in a month and a half :ahhhhh:

I am currently revising the lungs and my teacher made us do this massive project about 10 or so different lung diseases (e.g COPD, asbestosis, miner's lung) and their risk factors/symptoms/treatment, but it's not in the text book and only covered briefly in the revision guide. The specification vaguely says as kind of a side note...

"Students should be able to:

-interpret information relating to the effects of lung disease on gas exchange and/or ventilation
-interpret data relating to the effects of pollution and smoking on the incidence of lung disease
-analyse and interpret data associated with specific risk factors and the incidence of lung disease
-evaluate the way in which experimental data led to statutory restrictions on the sources of risk factors
-recognise correlations and causal relationships."

so to anyone who has done the exam previously/ is revising now, do I need to know all these lung diseases in loads of detail or will it just be application questions?
sorry for the ramble, thank you for any help
CrazyFoxes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tea2345)
I'm doing AQA AS Level Biology - exam is in a month and a half :ahhhhh:

I am currently revising the lungs and my teacher made us do this massive project about 10 or so different lung diseases (e.g COPD, asbestosis, miner's lung) and their risk factors/symptoms/treatment, but it's not in the text book and only covered briefly in the revision guide. The specification vaguely says as kind of a side note...

"Students should be able to:

-interpret information relating to the effects of lung disease on gas exchange and/or ventilation
-interpret data relating to the effects of pollution and smoking on the incidence of lung disease
-analyse and interpret data associated with specific risk factors and the incidence of lung disease
-evaluate the way in which experimental data led to statutory restrictions on the sources of risk factors
-recognise correlations and causal relationships."

so to anyone who has done the exam previously/ is revising now, do I need to know all these lung diseases in loads of detail or will it just be application questions?
sorry for the ramble, thank you for any help
I'm afraid yes u do need to know it in detail.In each exam paper their will be at least 1 question about those types of diseases.They will choose 1 disease and then say what affect does it have etc...Best bet is go through a paper or two and see what type of questions they give u on them.

Most of those diseases are similiar in explanation but with 1 or 2 differences.

On a side note,u have to do the heart diseases as well as the lungs ones.
Tea2345
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by CrazyFoxes)
I'm afraid yes u do need to know it in detail.In each exam paper their will be at least 1 question about those types of diseases.They will choose 1 disease and then say what affect does it have etc...Best bet is go through a paper or two and see what type of questions they give u on them.

Most of those diseases are similiar in explanation but with 1 or 2 differences.

On a side note,u have to do the heart diseases as well as the lungs ones.
ugh thats so annoying! Thank you for telling me though haha
CrazyFoxes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tea2345)
ugh thats so annoying! Thank you for telling me though haha
Hope it helps.But if u go through the past papers,the questions on these are repeats each year
So learning the mark scheme should help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (68)
15.74%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (44)
10.19%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (81)
18.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
14.12%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (46)
10.65%
How can I be the best version of myself? (132)
30.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed