Unconditional Offer - Proof Of Qualification Help! Watch

Abdulhcvbf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I received an unconditional offer to study physics with philosophy at Kings this September. I haven;t completed my A levels but apparently I have the necessary qualification to study there. I've firmed my place but I have a problem:

1) The A level certificates for the exams I will be sitting this year would arrive until January of next year - that is - if my school gives them to us (the students). I'm still yet to receive my GCSE certificates ( though, I don't think I'll need those to enroll).

2) My Headteacher/Head of Year supplies us with transcripts containing my a statement of my results (scores,UMS, ID numbers etc.) as well as signed statement by my headteacher which is also stamped/certificated by my school.

My friends and I assumed that this would be enough because we don't/won't have anything else - but looking through threads on this site, it seems unis only want certificates. The King's website also says that they "do not accept uncertified/non - cashed-in results" (I don't know what they mean that).I'm really stressed out because I've already firmed my place. I would really appreciated some advice from anyone who has gone through the process.

Thank you.
Abdulhcvbf
Rep:
?
bump
Ray04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Abdulhcvbf)
I received an unconditional offer to study physics with philosophy at Kings this September. I haven;t completed my A levels but apparently I have the necessary qualification to study there. I've firmed my place but I have a problem:

1) The A level certificates for the exams I will be sitting this year would arrive until January of next year - that is - if my school gives them to us (the students). I'm still yet to receive my GCSE certificates ( though, I don't think I'll need those to enroll).

2) My Headteacher/Head of Year supplies us with transcripts containing my a statement of my results (scores,UMS, ID numbers etc.) as well as signed statement by my headteacher which is also stamped/certificated by my school.

My friends and I assumed that this would be enough because we don't/won't have anything else - but looking through threads on this site, it seems unis only want certificates. The King's website also says that they "do not accept uncertified/non - cashed-in results" (I don't know what they mean that).I'm really stressed out because I've already firmed my place. I would really appreciated some advice from anyone who has gone through the process.

Thank you.
Lmao I think I know the problem. You probably put in your predicted a levels as your achieved a levels either purposely or accidently. You mostly, 99% of the time get conditional offer on the basis you achieve your predicted grade. How can you get unconditional on the basis you have the grades when you dont have the grades? Call them asap and sort it out, if you fcuked up your application you need to sort it out soon as. If they believe you lied on your application they can withdraw your application.
Abdulhcvbf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ray04)
Lmao I think I know the problem. You probably put in your predicted a levels as your achieved a levels either purposely or accidently. You mostly, 99% of the time get conditional offer on the basis you achieve your predicted grade. How can you get unconditional on the basis you have the grades when you dont have the grades? Call them asap and sort it out, if you fcuked up your application you need to sort it out soon as. If they believe you lied on your application they can withdraw your application.
I didn't put my predicted grades o it. I took my maths A level a year early. Since I do maths AND further maths, I completed maths A level in the first year ( with a few FM modules), and I'm planning to complete further maths this year - alongside physics a level aswell.

The problem is that they require A level certificates - but my school doesn't give those out for a long time. I only have the certified statement from my exam center. This is what I'll have come august - when everything is done. Can I bring that to enrollment this September?
Abdulhcvbf
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Lots of people get unconditional offers based upon their predicted grades.
I did not put m predicted grades down - my teacher did that ( I hope).
Ray04
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lots of people get unconditional offers based upon their predicted grades.
Im going off with what OP said, ' I haven;t completed my A levels but apparently I have the necessary qualification to study there. '. It implies he may have put into ucas he already achieved the grades, which is why they are asking for the certificates of exams he hasnt even sat yet
Abdulhcvbf
Rep:
?
yeh i understand, and no you wouldn't have, you always put 'pending' on UCAS and then your teacher/referee supplies the predicted grades. i was taking issue with the fact that the above poster seemed to assume that you couldn't possibly have received an unconditional without the actual grades which is false.
Can I bring my A level results statement to my enrollment?
Abdulhcvbf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ray04)
Im going off with what OP said, ' I haven;t completed my A levels but apparently I have the necessary qualification to study there. '. It implies he may have put into ucas he already achieved the grades, which is why they are asking for the certificates of exams he hasnt even sat yet
They said that they want my certificates at the enrollment - as I've stated. What should I do? Should I bring the grades statement issued by my exam center?
Ray04
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can I bring my A level results statement to my enrollment?
Just call admissions tomorrow, nobody online can really help, all we can give is our opinion on what may be the issue. Someone from their department should give a straight answer over the phone
Abdulhcvbf
Rep:
?
well tbh that wouldnt have been the first assumption i would have lept too i.e an error with his application. Tbh though i think the best thing to do all round would be for OP to just phone the univerisity

i assume so. I rang the uni who gave me my unconditional and they said that when i asked about this exact same thing, but obviously your university is different to mine so it would be best to just phone them yourself and find out
Alright. thanks.
Ray04
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
well tbh that wouldnt have been the first assumption i would have lept too i.e an error with his application. Tbh though i think the best thing to do all round would be for OP to just phone the univerisity
Im just giving advice from my experience, someone I knew did the same mistake I was describing, accidently putting predicted as actual achieved. When they asked for the certificates they realised the error so I assumed that was the problem, but yeah as I said above, I agree he should just call admissions
Abdulhcvbf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ray04)
Im just giving advice from my experience, someone I knew did the same mistake I was describing, accidently putting predicted as actual achieved. When they asked for the certificates they realised the error so I assumed that was the problem, but yeah as I said above, I agree he should just call admissions
Why would I get offered an unconditional offer if I haven't completed my exams?

Also, how "understanding" are the staff at King's college?
Ray04
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why would I get offered an unconditional offer if I haven't completed my exams?

Also, how "understanding" are the staff at King's college?
From what I've read online their administration staff is a shambles, just do a few searches you'll see. Also, it explicitly says on the ucas declaration 2017 - We have the right to cancel your application without refunding your application fee if we determine (having carried out any necessary checks), or have reasonable belief, that your application contains false information. -

Your best bet is to call someone sooner than later, Kings is a top uni and not short of spaces, if they want to withdraw you for any reason they will so without any hesitation. Just call and explain and see how sympathetic they are.
Abdulhcvbf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ray04)
From what I've read online their administration staff is a shambles, just do a few searches you'll see. Also, it explicitly says on the ucas declaration 2017 - We have the right to cancel your application without refunding your application fee if we determine (having carried out any necessary checks), or have reasonable belief, that your application contains false information. -

Your best bet is to call someone sooner than later, Kings is a top uni and not short of spaces, if they want to withdraw you for any reason they will so without any hesitation. Just call and explain and see how sympathetic they are.
All the information on my application was correct. The issue is whether my results slip from my exam center is considered valid proof of qualification until my A level certificates arrive - since they won't until next year.

P.S. Could you also add the link to the site you visited. Thank you.
Ray04
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All the information on my application was correct. The issue is whether my results slip from my exam center is considered valid proof of qualification until my A level certificates arrive - since they won't until next year.

P.S. Could you also add the link to the site you visited. Thank you.

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about...as-declaration
Abdulhcvbf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ray04)
From what I've read online their administration staff is a shambles, just do a few searches you'll see.
I don't understand, what do you by "shambles"?
Ray04
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't understand, what do you by "shambles"?
Shambles - noun
  1. 1.informal

a state of total disorder.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago

Thank you.
You should contact Kings again (on the phone) and clarify whether what you can provide is acceptable. The normal method of proof in the UK would be confirmation from the exam board. the statement by the school may be accepted or it may not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.65%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.39%
Not great so far... (212)
35.63%
I want to drop out! (115)
19.33%

Watched Threads