University Enrollment - Proof of Qualification Problem (I think...) Watch

Abdulhcvbf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I received an unconditional offer to study physics with philosophy at Kings this September. I haven;t completed my A levels but apparently I have the necessary qualification to study there. I've firmed my place but I have a problem:

1) The A level certificates for the exams I will be sitting this year would arrive until January of next year - that is - if my school gives them to us (the students). I'm still yet to receive my GCSE certificates ( though, I don't think I'll need those to enroll).

2) My Headteacher/Head of Year supplies us with transcripts containing my a statement of my results (scores,UMS, ID numbers etc.) as well as signed statement by my headteacher which is also stamped/certificated by my school.

My friends and I assumed that this would be enough because we don't/won't have anything else - but looking through threads on this site, it seems unis only want certificates. The King's website also says that they "do not accept uncertified/non - cashed-in results" (I don't know what they mean that).I'm really stressed out because I've already firmed my place. I would really appreciated some advice from anyone who has gone through the process.

Thank you.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Abdulhcvbf)
I received an unconditional offer to study physics with philosophy at Kings this September. I haven;t completed my A levels but apparently I have the necessary qualification to study there. I've firmed my place but I have a problem:

1) The A level certificates for the exams I will be sitting this year would arrive until January of next year - that is - if my school gives them to us (the students). I'm still yet to receive my GCSE certificates ( though, I don't think I'll need those to enroll).

2) My Headteacher/Head of Year supplies us with transcripts containing my a statement of my results (scores,UMS, ID numbers etc.) as well as signed statement by my headteacher which is also stamped/certificated by my school.

My friends and I assumed that this would be enough because we don't/won't have anything else - but looking through threads on this site, it seems unis only want certificates. The King's website also says that they "do not accept uncertified/non - cashed-in results" (I don't know what they mean that).I'm really stressed out because I've already firmed my place. I would really appreciated some advice from anyone who has gone through the process.

Thank you.
So you'll complete your a levels this summer? If so universities understand that the certificates get sent out after august but you might want to get your gcse certificates.
Abdulhcvbf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
So you'll complete your a levels this summer? If so universities understand that the certificates get sent out after august but you might want to get your gcse certificates.
Yes I will be. They said that they only require (interested in) A level results.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Abdulhcvbf)
Yes I will be. They said that they only require (interested in) A level results.
That ll be fine then
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
UCAS supplies A level results straight to the Unis direct from the Exam Boards.

If you will have completed A levels this summer that is how Unis know you have the results you have declared and you wont need to produce certificates. You WILL need to produce proofe of whatever other qualifications you have - and certainly what you have that means you have been made an Unconditional offer - either in August or at enrolment.

If in doubt about this and what you do need to produce,check with the individual Uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (25)
67.57%
No I haven't decided yet (6)
16.22%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
16.22%

Watched Threads