The Student Room Group

What do I do with my life SOS

So I'm currently 17 studying an animal care/management extended diploma at college. I really love animals and I do want to help them and work in a job with them, but it seems the only road my college is interested in me going down with this qualification is University to study animal care or animal science (veterinary) and having a job in a veterinary practice, but I really don't want a job involving a boring 9-5, 5 days a week sort of thing.

I'm really interested in financial trading and web developing, it's something I would like to take on as a course in Uni. The thing is I have no relevant qualifications in these areas to get in. I'm wanting to study abroad and travel, which is why financial trading and/or web developing would be perfect as they don't require me to be settled in a certain location and there is plenty of courses abroad in these areas.

WHAT DO I DO!? Do I continue animal management and take it on in University, or would the better choice be to drop the course down to half a qualification and finish this June. Then start looking into apprenticeships/college in finance trading/web developing to gain qual to go to Uni?
Btw "nobody can tell you what to do with your life but you" yeah ik that but i need serious advice on what steps i should take next because I'm at a point where iv'e thought of so many different alternatives it's really hard to put pieces together that fit and work right.
Reply 1
Stick with bunny brushing, it seems to make you happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Texel
Stick with bunny brushing, it seems to make you happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funny you mate, thanks for the enlightening advice.
Original post by CurtisB
So I'm currently 17 studying an animal care/management extended diploma at college. I really love animals and I do want to help them and work in a job with them, but it seems the only road my college is interested in me going down with this qualification is University to study animal care or animal science (veterinary) and having a job in a veterinary practice, but I really don't want a job involving a boring 9-5, 5 days a week sort of thing.

I'm really interested in financial trading and web developing, it's something I would like to take on as a course in Uni. The thing is I have no relevant qualifications in these areas to get in. I'm wanting to study abroad and travel, which is why financial trading and/or web developing would be perfect as they don't require me to be settled in a certain location and there is plenty of courses abroad in these areas.

WHAT DO I DO!? Do I continue animal management and take it on in University, or would the better choice be to drop the course down to half a qualification and finish this June. Then start looking into apprenticeships/college in finance trading/web developing to gain qual to go to Uni?
Btw "nobody can tell you what to do with your life but you" yeah ik that but i need serious advice on what steps i should take next because I'm at a point where iv'e thought of so many different alternatives it's really hard to put pieces together that fit and work right.

what are you more passionate about?

i say give it a bit more time
i say give it a bit more time to thibk about it a bit more time to hink about it a bit mroe timea bit a bit more a bit more time a bit more time
It seems from your post that you have a preference towards finance, so I would drop the animal management course to a half and then focus on getting experience or training in the financial sector, because this seems to interest you more as a career.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending