The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Doctoral Studentships 2017

Are there many DDS given out this year? How competitive are these? Is it hard to obtain one?
They're supposed to be very competitive, yes. I think they're given out separately for Arts and Science. According to my supervisor, there are usually 5 or 6 studentships awarded in Science each year, and each department (for Science that's 7 departments) gets to nominate up to 3 candidates, and these candidates then compete for the studentships.
(edited 7 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi
I'm glad to find a discussion on DDS. I have applied for a PhD in Anthropology and am waiting impatiently for the outcome of the faculty competition. For anthropology its just one award given out each year I think. Have you heard back from your department about the outcome of your DDS application?
Original post by LSJC
Hi
I'm glad to find a discussion on DDS. I have applied for a PhD in Anthropology and am waiting impatiently for the outcome of the faculty competition. For anthropology its just one award given out each year I think. Have you heard back from your department about the outcome of your DDS application?

Hi there! The Faculty of Science DDS awards were due at the end of Feb/beginning of Mar and they were pretty timely - I first heard from them 28 Feb (I was initially placed on the waiting list) and then received the final outcome 7 March. Best of luck to you - I know what a nervous wait it is! Do you have any idea when they're supposed to announce the results?
Reply 4
Original post by linda helena
Hi there! The Faculty of Science DDS awards were due at the end of Feb/beginning of Mar and they were pretty timely - I first heard from them 28 Feb (I was initially placed on the waiting list) and then received the final outcome 7 March. Best of luck to you - I know what a nervous wait it is! Do you have any idea when they're supposed to announce the results?

Congratulations to you!!
Thank you for your wishes, I really need it :smile:
An administrative officer in my department said that they should hear from the faculty in "early April" so may be I have to wait just a few more days
Original post by LSJC
Congratulations to you!!
Thank you for your wishes, I really need it :smile:
An administrative officer in my department said that they should hear from the faculty in "early April" so may be I have to wait just a few more days

Thank you :smile: Fingers crossed you'll hear from them soon!
Reply 6
Original post by linda helena
Thank you :smile: Fingers crossed you'll hear from them soon!

Thank you very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending