What would happen if you ate 6 cherry bake wells everyday?

Watch
IspeaksBristol
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you would begin to look

Spoiler:
Show

a little pastry

Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Only bakewells or on top of your daily intake?
If only bakewells you'll become deficient in vitamins and minerals and develop an insatiable craving for sugar. Probably have mood swings, bad skin etc. On top of your regular intake then you'll gain weight. As well as developing the sugar rush and cravings. Everything in moderation!
IspeaksBristol
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
Only bakewells or on top of your daily intake?
If only bakewells you'll become deficient in vitamins and minerals and develop an insatiable craving for sugar. Probably have mood swings, bad skin etc. On top of your regular intake then you'll gain weight. As well as developing the sugar rush and cravings. Everything in moderation!
Sorry, on top of your daily food intake.

Like a box a day. What would happen?
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IspeaksBristol)
Sorry, on top of your daily food intake.

Like a box a day. What would happen?
You'll put on weight, develop stronger cravings for sugar, leading to higher consumption, experience highs and lows as your blood sugar fluctuates, probably get bad skin.
It overloads and damages your liver. The effects of too much sugar or fructose can be likened to the effects of alcohol. All the fructose you eat gets shuttled to the only organ that has the transporter for it: your liver. This severely taxes and overloads the organ, leading to potential liver damage. It tricks your body into gaining weight and affects your insulin and leptin signaling. Fructose fools your metabolism by turning off your body's appetite-control system. It fails to stimulate insulin, which in turn fails to suppress ghrelin, or "the hunger hormone," which then fails to stimulate leptin or "the satiety hormone." This causes you to eat more and develop insulin resistance It causes metabolic dysfunction. Eating too much sugar causes a barrage of symptoms known as classic metabolic syndrome. These include weight gain, abdominal obesity, decreased HDL and increased LDL, elevated blood sugar, elevated triglycerides, and high blood pressure. It increases your uric acid levels. High uric acid levels are a risk factor for heart and kidney disease.
Alzheimer's disease is another deadly illness that can arise from too much sugar consumption. A growing body of research found a powerful connection between a high-fructose diet and your risk of developing Alzheimer's disease, through the same pathway that causes type 2 diabetes. According to some experts, Alzheimer's and other brain disorders may be caused by the constant burning of glucose for fuel by your brain. Other diseases that are linked to metabolic syndrome and may potentially arise because of too much sugar consumption include: Type 2 diabetes Hypertension Lipid problems Heart disease Polycystic ovarian syndrome Dementia

Six a day in the short term may be ok. But having on every now and then is much better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (49)
17.63%
No one else does (87)
31.29%
I'm embarrassed about my background (29)
10.43%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (94)
33.81%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.16%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.16%

Watched Threads