The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol. In my opinion, you shouldn't; unless he is giving you something in return. i was in your shoes, gave lots of my friends my revision notes and they did jack shite for me; but ended up doing better than me. I literally have 4 friends now and we share notes for example I do biology notes and one of them does Chem notes and we exchange. But trust me, you're better off not giving them as there are not friends in education!
Really interesting dilemma and for once its even.

It would depend for me what sort of friend they were.Would they do the same for me? How clever are they? You can put a lot of work into your notes and they are the most visible sign of revision.

Yes if he was a really good friend and he needed help, no if he was just sponging or wouldnt do the same for me.
Original post by Saj5677
I hope and pray i never meet a "friend" like you. Your a snake. A friend is someone you can rely on. You should be ashamed i hope you fail your politics exam, and your friend gets and A*. Dirty :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would it make a difference if you know the person wouldnt do the same for you?
Just give them the notes and stop being so petty
Too be honest with you, I would give him the notes. The chances are that if he hast done the work he wouldn't achieve well whether he does read your notes or not. As a good friend I believe you should give him the notes.
cleary hes not your friend if you dont want to help him out
Give him the first quarter and say that's all you've done yourself :biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by 999tigger
Would it make a difference if you know the person wouldnt do the same for you?

Yes, but in that case they wouldn't be your friend would they

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Uni12345678
Do you even hear yourself??

Yes I do, I hear nothing but righteousness.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saj5677
Yes, but in that case they wouldn't be your friend would they

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends what your definition of friend is. Obviously they believe they are a friend and have the confidence to ask. Its not really much of of an ask if you know the friend never works hard enough to produce their own notes.

ps I liked the last bit of your previous post. Classy. Karma.
Its totally up to you.
OP in 3 years

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saj5677
I hope and pray i never meet a "friend" like you. Your a snake. A friend is someone you can rely on. You should be ashamed i hope you fail your politics exam, and your friend gets and A*. Dirty :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:.

Relax, its not that deep.
I get exactly how you feel; my lazy ass friend always asks for my notes before a test and calls me mean when i say no so i feel bad and hand them over.

Its not fair, hardworking people deserve the grades. Give them like a page and say thats all, or act super nice and offer help to go through a topic with them (if they are lazy enough, they will probably say no thanks and you end up not looking like a bad guy).

or say your notes are specified to you only, you only noted about half the stuff because you knew the rest and the order wouldn't make sense for him.
Are you in the wrong? Nope.

If you don't want to give them your notes, you don't have to. It wouldn't hurt to get them photocopied or something, but yeah, ultimately it's your choice.
Original post by Spheniscidae2039
OP in 3 years

oh my god that made my day
Original post by JaqenH'gar
8 hours a day

24 hours in a day
say 7-8 hours sleep
17 hours left
about 5 hours college
12 hours
Pooping/peeing/showerng - an hour
11 hours
eating - like 2 hours maybe
9 hours left

......fam what the hell are you doing? Give him the notes, you need to keep ur friends 'cause you ain't giving yourself time to make any more of them.
Reply 37
Original post by 999tigger
Depends what your definition of friend is. Obviously they believe they are a friend and have the confidence to ask. Its not really much of of an ask if you know the friend never works hard enough to produce their own notes.

ps I liked the last bit of your previous post. Classy. Karma.

Go to bed kid. Its past your bedtime. This is an adults only discussion. :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JaqenH'gar
Spent around a week, 8 hours a day making a complete politics AS revision guide as I have the exam in two months. My friend who is lazy and has done jack sh*t just asked me for my notes and I said no. Because why should I give my notes to someone who puts no effort in? However, my friend is naturally really pissed off. Shoud I give them the notes? They may be screwed if I don't. However, I really hate the idea of someone who has done nothing using the resources I made to do potentially better then me. Am I in the wrong?

You give them something but not everything.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
24 hours in a day
say 7-8 hours sleep
17 hours left
about 5 hours college
12 hours
Pooping/peeing/showerng - an hour
11 hours
eating - like 2 hours maybe
9 hours left

......fam what the hell are you doing? Give him the notes, you need to keep ur friends 'cause you ain't giving yourself time to make any more of them.

Very logical :biggrin:

Latest