The Student Room Group

I failed A Levels and I don't know what to do

Hi everyone,

I failed my A levels when I was in college getting DDE overall in Politics, History and Theology. I'm now in my gap year and I've applied to resit exams but I've come to the realisation I won't do any better and I haven't been able to cope with the stress. I want to do something else and learn something new and get into uni via a different route.

My question is what do I do? I don't want to have another year of doing nothing and want to be in education. Help!
Original post by malcolmxavier
Hi everyone,

I failed my A levels when I was in college getting DDE overall in Politics, History and Theology. I'm now in my gap year and I've applied to resit exams but I've come to the realisation I won't do any better and I haven't been able to cope with the stress. I want to do something else and learn something new and get into uni via a different route.

My question is what do I do? I don't want to have another year of doing nothing and want to be in education. Help!

U got ur whole life ahead of u! Don't worry, just find something you are passionate about and take it as a course in college. Btecs can get you to most universities. I know a girl and she got offers from 6 good Russell group universities from doing a btec. I would check how good the department in the college is for your course tho, as your don't want :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: teachers. Maybe try to ask previous students etc. Good luck!
Original post by malcolmxavier
Hi everyone,

I am also currently studying to retake two A-levels that I did not do as well in as I had hoped, along with studying for university exams. So, being in this situation, my advice would be to study and just do the best that you can do in your A-levels so you can go on to do what you want in education. Considering you have already spent the money on the resits, you would be doing yourself a disservice by not attempting them; you have time and so, a chance to do better than you did before. Once you have, then you can try other things but this is probably the best way to get into university. Of course, explore your options, but don't waste this opportunity. There are many ways to help with the stress, if you can get an appointment with a counsellor or something they can give you much better advice on it than I could.
You haven't failed. They're passes, albeit not the ones you wanted. You can take a degree, plenty do. Go through clearing and see what's on offer. Your degree will overwrite your a levels to some extent

Quick Reply

Latest