Strathclyde engineering academy

Watch this thread
Staggie16
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
I've conditional offers for mechanical engineering at the Strathclyde engineering academy for the foundation enhanced HNC and also for RGU into the degree programme. I'm really struggling to pick a first choice. I really liked RGU when I went and liked the uni, structure of course etc and also the fact your already into the degree programme, whereas the engineering g academy is a foundation year before going into the degree programme.
I don't know too much about the engineering academy, or have any experiences from those who have gone this route. I am more inclined towards RGU but would really like to study in Glasgow and do wonder if Strathclyde uni is the better option between the two.
I've got to make a choice soon!
Anyone in a similar position, or been down this route that an impart some wisdom?!
Cheers
Charliechocx
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I have many students in my year and also in the year above me who have come from the engineering academy. They skip 1st year and go straight into 2nd year when they do this route, you can however choose to go into 1st year I believe. They do not struggle any less than the rest of us I would honestly choose what you think will benefit you in the long run. Which uni is more recognised for their degree....do they cover the same module work etc. Strathclyde is very big on its maths and constantly challenges students in that area, however it has a great support system in place for that Also make sure you choose where you will be happy, last you want is being miserable during your studies.
Dormermatthew
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
May I ask what grades you had when applying for this course, hoping you are still active on this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (70)
66.67%
No (26)
24.76%
I didn't use it to prepare (9)
8.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise