The Student Room Group

(AQA) A-Level - Coursework for History grade boundaries and word count

Hey, im currently doing A-level history AQA and my coursework is apparently 20% of my total marks. I got 19/40 which isn't the best but its not terrible as i only really need a C/D as the final grade. My question is, what grade would this mark be and what are the grade boundaries for this? Also when its added on to the total mark would it be like adding just under 10% onto my final grade? e.g if i get 40% in the exam would it go up to 50% etc? Also for the word count do the bibliography, footnotes and quotes count towards it?
Original post by Squidzo
Hey, im currently doing A-level history AQA and my coursework is apparently 20% of my total marks. I got 19/40 which isn't the best but its not terrible as i only really need a C/D as the final grade. My question is, what grade would this mark be and what are the grade boundaries for this? Also when its added on to the total mark would it be like adding just under 10% onto my final grade? e.g if i get 40% in the exam would it go up to 50% etc? Also for the word count do the bibliography, footnotes and quotes count towards it?

19/40 from what I have seen in AQA 2016 grade boundaries that's a grade E to get a D you would of needed 22/40 marks, bibliography, footnotes do not get counted for the word count but quotes you've put into your essay will be counted.
Reply 2
Original post by Lilmissy345
19/40 from what I have seen in AQA 2016 grade boundaries that's a grade E to get a D you would of needed 22/40 marks, bibliography, footnotes do not get counted for the word count but quotes you've put into your essay will be counted.

ok thanks ! and is there a possibility that the grade boundaries will go down for the coursework ?
Original post by Squidzo
ok thanks ! and is there a possibility that the grade boundaries will go down for the coursework ?

No problem, just study hard for your exams so you can pull your overall grade up! :smile: and anything is possible, who knows the grade boundaries for this year can get lower or it can get higher but lets just hope it goes down.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
No problem, just study hard for your exams so you can pull your overall grade up! :smile: and anything is possible, who knows the grade boundaries for this year can get lower or it can get higher but lets just hope it goes down.

Ah right haha thanks a lot!!! yea i hope it does go down haha
Reply 5

Oh btw what grade would i need in the exam to pull my overall up to like i am probably gonna get a C or D in the exam
Original post by Squidzo
Oh btw what grade would i need in the exam to pull my overall up to like i am probably gonna get a C or D in the exam

If you get like a high C in both units then it's possible to get an overall grade of a D or C but if you get a low D in both units then you might get an overall grade of a E or a D
Reply 7
If you get like a high C in both units then it's possible to get an overall grade of a D or C but if you get a low D in both units then you might get an overall grade of a E or a D

Ok thanks! really appreciate it!
Original post by Squidzo
Ok thanks! really appreciate it!

No problem
Reply 9
i have got a 26 out of 40, would that be a B grade? as my teacher said i secured a B
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi , i know am not answering your question, am in the hospital and coursework deadline is on monday . what can i do
1. You're looking at just under 50%, so perhaps a C, but there's no knowing for definite until the grade boundaries get released
2. I might be wrong, but I think all of your marks get added up together and as a proportion of the total marks available. Say the whole course is worth 200 marks. Your 19 would be added to paper 1 and paper 2, and worked out as a percentage of 200.
3. No, footnotes, quotes, and bibliography do not count towards your word count
Reply 12
So I got 32/40 on my coursework which is worth 20% of the grade any idea what I’d need to secure on the exams to get a B overall
Hi so im guessing you already sat your alevel exams? what did you get overall, and how did your history cw grade help you with your overall grade? as i got the same mark?
Original post by Mb158
So I got 32/40 on my coursework which is worth 20% of the grade any idea what I’d need to secure on the exams to get a B overall
24/40What grade would that be
Reply 15
How did you do?
Reply 16
Original post by ronioyeneye
Hi , i know am not answering your question, am in the hospital and coursework deadline is on monday . what can i do

How did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest