The Student Room Group

Should I wake up at 5am to study?

I just feel such anger as I am not studying as much as I should and I am worried about failing my GCSE's I do to do lists but I do not always stick to them.I study best in the morning but I am worried about the toll on my body it could have if I sleep 6-7 hours per night.What should I do I am so worried I want to cry.I need 6A*'s minimum.I have 2 A*'s so far but some sixth forms do not accept 1 of the A* because it is my mother tongue.
Original post by Anonymous1502
I just feel such anger as I am not studying as much as I should and I am worried about failing my GCSE's I do to do lists but I do not always stick to them.I study best in the morning but I am worried about the toll on my body it could have if I sleep 6-7 hours per night.What should I do I am so worried I want to cry.I need 6A*'s minimum.I have 2 A*'s so far but some sixth forms do not accept 1 of the A* because it is my mother tongue.

How much sleep do you normally get? Why do you feel you don't stick to lists, is it motivation or perhaps you need more realistic goals?
Original post by claireestelle
How much sleep do you normally get? Why do you feel you don't stick to lists, is it motivation or perhaps you need more realistic goals?

My mother is looking after the neighbours children and they are very distracting even when I am in my bedroom.I usually sleep 8 hours.One reason I am worried about my well being is because I was recently diagnosed with epilepsy I have anti-seizure medicine but lack of sleep may trigger a seizure which I am worried about.I only have myself to blame I just feel like i want to cry as the new maths specification is so hard and I really need to study as the teachers are useless as after school most of the time they have meeting and do not want to help as they do not have the time.I need an A* or 8 in maths and science.:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

The reason I do not follow them is because i forget them or just have headaches all the time or i am distracted by the children.I should not blame them it is my fault.

what grades do you normally get ??
My mother is looking after the neighbours children and they are very distracting even when I am in my bedroom.I usually sleep 8 hours.One reason I am worried about my well being is because I was recently diagnosed with epilepsy I have anti-seizure medicine but lack of sleep may trigger a seizure which I am worried about.I only have myself to blame I just feel like i want to cry as the new maths specification is so hard and I really need to study as the teachers are useless as after school most of the time they have meeting and do not want to help as they do not have the time.I need an A* or 8 in maths and science.:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Your health is important and if depriving yourself of sleep could make your epilepsy worse that's not worth the risk. Have you spoken to your doctor about the headaches? As for the children, do you have any libraries or nice cafes nearby you could study at? Part of maths and science is knowing how to answer the questions in the logical way they want so why not get yourself a stack of past papers and then from them figure out your specific weaknesses and focus your time on that. There ll be plenty of how to videos on YouTube to help you :smile:

The reason I do not follow them is because i forget them or just have headaches all the time or i am distracted by the children.I should not blame them it is my fault.
no
Your health is important and if depriving yourself of sleep could make your epilepsy worse that's not worth the risk. Have you spoken to your doctor about the headaches? As for the children, do you have any libraries or nice cafes nearby you could study at? Part of maths and science is knowing how to answer the questions in the logical way they want so why not get yourself a stack of past papers and then from them figure out your specific weaknesses and focus your time on that. There ll be plenty of how to videos on YouTube to help you :smile:

I am doing the specimen papers the maths itself is not hard at all but the questions are hard because they require mathematical thinking because ti is not evident how to solve them but once I am told how I can do it as I find maths (the theoretical maths easy) but applying to solve problems hard as I am not sure what maths to use to solve the questions I am doing the new specification and the style of questions is very different the old spec I was an A* student as I find the theoretical maths but I need to practice the problem solving.

there is a library like 30 minutes away.I would like to go but I am scared I am still recovering from my last seizure they are psychologically exhausting it takes me a while to gain courage to go out on my own after they happen.I might ask my sister to go with me.
I am doing the specimen papers the maths itself is not hard at all but the questions are hard because they require mathematical thinking because ti is not evident how to solve them but once I am told how I can do it as I find maths (the theoretical maths easy) but applying to solve problems hard as I am not sure what maths to use to solve the questions I am doing the new specification and the style of questions is very different the old spec I was an A* student as I find the theoretical maths but I need to practice the problem solving.

there is a library like 30 minutes away.I would like to go but I am scared I am still recovering from my last seizure they are psychologically exhausting it takes me a while to gain courage to go out on my own after they happen.I might ask my sister to go with me.

Asking your sister could be a good call, it's understandable that you re fearful of going out alone after something like that. I think problem solving is something that comes with practice, you ll get there :smile:

omg i feel you, ive been getting headaches a lot recently that stop me from revising its for :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:.ing annoying, i just wanna getr all a*'s but my body wont let me- you get what im feeling/
Original post by CraigBackner
omg i feel you, ive been getting headaches a lot recently that stop me from revising its for :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:.ing annoying, i just wanna getr all a*'s but my body wont let me- you get what im feeling/

I had a headache 2 or more days in a row most days I sleep in the afternoon.Maybe 6 is a better time to wake up I would still get 7 hours of sleep atleast I usually sleep in the afternoon anyway.
Asking your sister could be a good call, it's understandable that you re fearful of going out alone after something like that. I think problem solving is something that comes with practice, you ll get there :smile:

Thank you i keep trying to tell myself that but when I am not getting the right answer it is so demoralising and agitating.
Make sure you get at least 8 hours sleep as is important never to comprimise your health for your grades. Getting enough sleep is a very important part of exam preparation as revision is about quality and not quantity. Keep up the revision, you will get there in the end! :smile:
Haha you're worried about only getting 7 hours sleep a night, mate I'll be lucky if I get that once a week. You'll be fine with 7 hours but I don't advise studying if you're genuinely too tired.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702
Haha you're worried about only getting 7 hours sleep a night, mate I'll be lucky if I get that once a week. You'll be fine with 7 hours but I don't advise studying if you're genuinely too tired.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for sharing much appreciated.
Hiya, I have the exact same problem. I was diagnosed with epilepsy last year and have GCSEs next week this week i missed school due to have a mini seizure and I am so scared of failing. I understand it's tough but don't push yourself too hard or you will end up fitting or having to resit. Take breaks and go to bed early and ty to wake up earlyish to get work done instead. I wake up at 7 and go to bed at 9 so I have time before school and after school

if you need 6 A*'s minimum and your worried about not studying enough and you study better in the morning just go to bed earlier and then wake up earlier they say its better if you get around 9 hours sleep so just make sure you go to bed early then wake up early and youll be fine

Aware the thread is old and he finished his GCSE's but how will an A* student fail exams if a C is a pass lol.
Original post by METRIX64
Aware the thread is old and he finished his GCSE's but how will an A* student fail exams if a C is a pass lol.

It is a fail because passing is not enough.

Latest

Trending

Trending