The Student Room Group

Please help big GCSE problem!

This is an issue i've held and wanted to discuss... I'm currently in year 11 and about to sit my exams in may. Last year I began revising in January for biology and in march for chemistry. Everything else was about 2 weeks before each exam. These are my unit 1 sciences. I revised so much for biology and chemistry with a*'s in both mocks and I was certain I would get an a* but ended up with a c for biol and b for chem and a* for physics which I revised for a weak and mostly a's and some b's for everything else i revised 1 or 2 weeks before. Because of this i've been scared to revise early and it is now april and I have barely revised. I'm worried that I will do bad since I haven't started revising becasue of this stupid fear. I don't know what to do is it too late? Im an a* student. In january 2017 I had science exams in which i resat biology and chemistry unit 1 and had a*'s but the twist is that I revised a day before. I ended up getting a b for physics and chem unit 2 and a for biol unit 2. I revised for around a week for unit 2's because my friends did the same and I didn't want to feel the same I felt in august. What should I do! i'm really stressed that I haven't revised and am predicted a*'s. Also, how much should I revise?
I don't get it - if you're worried about now having done enough revision, why not start doing some?
It's never too early to start revising (so long as it's not before your course starts haha). Just because you got better in those subjects where you revised late, doesn't mean that's the right way to go about it. Correlation does not equal association, meaning that just because you got lower grades in the ones where you started early, the revision start dates isn't necessarily the reason why. I'm not telling you what to do because you know you best, but I would never start revising less than a month before the exams.
Revise subjects that you find difficult and keep on revising it until you know the basics and have a good grasp of it.

Quick Reply

Latest