The Student Room Group

Kings College Or Exeter

Hi, i'm applying to do liberal arts next year and major in History and I can't decide between these three unis, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either uni to help me make this decision.
Exeter:
Exeter's campus and atmosphere is amazing, the accommodation is nice and the course seems good, with the teachers seeming pretty nice. However, the course seems much less organised and flexible then the one at Kings.
Kings:
I really like the course at kings, the structure seems great and well established and I think the modules seem interesting. I just am not to sure about living in london, primarily it seems super expensive and I dont like the idea of having to commute to uni everyday as though it were a job. Furthermore, I can't imagine the community being nearly as close as Exeter's as I feel like you would barely know anyone.
Anyways sorry for rambling, its just i'm kind of panicking and the deadline is approaching, and i'm a really indecisive person.
Original post by jamer825
Hi, i'm applying to do liberal arts next year and major in History and I can't decide between these three unis, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either uni to help me make this decision.
Exeter:
Exeter's campus and atmosphere is amazing, the accommodation is nice and the course seems good, with the teachers seeming pretty nice. However, the course seems much less organised and flexible then the one at Kings.
Kings:
I really like the course at kings, the structure seems great and well established and I think the modules seem interesting. I just am not to sure about living in london, primarily it seems super expensive and I dont like the idea of having to commute to uni everyday as though it were a job. Furthermore, I can't imagine the community being nearly as close as Exeter's as I feel like you would barely know anyone.
Anyways sorry for rambling, its just i'm kind of panicking and the deadline is approaching, and i'm a really indecisive person.

Have you looked into what current students think about the universities? Any visit or open days that you can go to? Cost wise, have you checked out the student finance calculator yet, living on campus in london will be expensive and if you dont have a large loan that could be stressful.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Have you looked into what current students think about the universities? Any visit or open days that you can go to? Cost wise, have you checked out the student finance calculator yet, living on campus in london will be expensive and if you dont have a large loan that could be stressful.

Yeah, I visited both the open days. I haven't checked the student finance calculator yet so that actually seems like a good idea. Thanks for the response.

Quick Reply

Latest