CGP revision books? Watch

southafrica1102
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My GCSE exams start in May and I struggle quite a bit with revision for additional science. Is it worth buying a CGP additional science revision book or are they not very helpful?
username3050240
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
From what I have heard they are a little basic. It can probably get you Bs or low As but it isn't very good for getting an A*
geidiprimes
Badges: 12
Report 2 years ago
i have the additional science revision guide and it is so ****. save your money, and buy a different revision guide or use different sources online. cgp is pretty good for core science but for additional the content is far from thorough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Idku
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
listennnnnnnnnnnnnn last year i got a C in my core science coursework i thought it was the end , i started revising two weeks before the real exams for science and i just used CGP and past papers and got an A overall so yeah use CGP justt for science not for other subjects though
bendio
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by southafrica1102)
My GCSE exams start in May and I struggle quite a bit with revision for additional science. Is it worth buying a CGP additional science revision book or are they not very helpful?
I'd say CGP in combination with reading through the specification and doing past papers will help you out a lot. I found CGP very good for sciences, can't say the same for other subjects though.

Good luck with your exams!
Saph00x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
BBC Bitesize is actually very good instead of CGP. I get A/A* in science and I literally use that, along with the AQA Science revision guide or textbook (we have ours online on kerboodle). Also look at your spec, and (you probably have heard this so many times) but MyGCSEScience is veryyy good. If your aiming for an A* i would do past paper questions because that counts as revision and you can look at BBC Bitesize for the topics you got wrong.

Hope that helps.
Vanilla Cupcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
cgp is really good for science, used that as my only resource and got 3 A*s (+ past papers obviously)
might be a bit late to get them though, and probably a waste of money
wouldn't suggest BBC bitesize, it's good if you're just checking a fact but generally doesn't have much information
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads