Millsisagecko
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey there,

So I am struggling a little bit... (ok, quite a lot) at maths A level and I'm worried because it's only the first year! My maths AS level exams are coming up and I was just wondering whether there are any useful resources to help me improve? I'm looking for something organised and not too time consuming, as I have other subjects that require my time too.

Thanks.
VioletPhillippo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya,

What exam board do you do for maths? Is it the topics in general that you are struggling with or the revision?

Here's some of the things that I try to do.....
Revision

Practice as many questions from the textbook as possible to learn the tricks and techniques.
As many past papers as possible building up from doing section A, then B, then a whole paper and working on my timings.
Write down any standard answers that come up often.

Learning/revision

YouTube videos such as Khan Academy.
Maths and physics tutor website.
Isaac Physics website
My Maths if you have access.
A good revision guide that explains the methods simply e.g. CGP.

Hope this helps
Millsisagecko
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks so much! I think the exam board is EDEXCEL but everything you've given me doesn't seem specific. It's all really helpful so thanks again!
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Millsisagecko)
Thanks so much! I think the exam board is EDEXCEL but everything you've given me doesn't seem specific. It's all really helpful so thanks again!
Most organised web site especially if your examiner is Edexcel is www.examsolutions.net

Posted from TSR Mobile
ll18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,
I tend to use Physics and Maths tutor as it has the past papers along with worked answers. Also if you prefer someone explaining something to you, you could use exam solutions...these are videos of past exam questions explaining step by step how to do them. This got me through AS maths and is helping me a lot with A2!
Hope this helps 😀
thesporkthief
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Physics and Maths tutor is your lifeline, trust me. I've self taught A-Level Maths and Further Maths and that man is a godsend. That website has everything you need, from past papers to model answers, summary sheets and links to things like ExamSolutions.
Hegarty Maths is also a really useful one (I can't remember the name of the website but a quick Google should help you out). You have to make an account but it is free and totally worth it. Think ExamSolutions in terms of the explanatory videos but it's presented along a checklist that creates a pie chart and damn do I love a bit of data. I find his videos the best, especially when cramming an entire units learning into the weekend before an exam (poor time management, try to avoid this).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
30.28%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.17%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
54.13%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.42%

Watched Threads