Anyone comparing Frankenstein and Never Let me go for as level english lit edexcel?

Watch
maxy33me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone have good comparative points/notes on these novels? And also what context is there for NLMG?
aee327
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're doing Science&Society right? Just use that as a general theme to compare them by. For example, the way society mistreats the creature and then in NLMG how the clones are seen as inferior, that rumour about madame being "scared" of them etc

For context, just look at scientific advancements like Dolly the sheep being the first cloned mammal. Just think outside the box for context. I'm looking at ethics/morals and wider attitudes to cloning during that time vs today & how and if attitudes have changed ect. Also, have a look at the conventions of dystopian novels to get a better understanding of NLMG.

I'm dreading this exam
maxy33me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks! I find that there's loads of context for Frankenstein but hardly any for NLMG and yeah same
A-lys
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone have any predictions for frankenstein/NLMG ?
Freyakircher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by A-lys)
Does anyone have any predictions for frankenstein/NLMG ?
Have a feeling it might be about education (or maybe I'm just hoping it will be about that)
Possibly rebellion?
Freyakircher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Freyakircher)
Have a feeling it might be about education (or maybe I'm just hoping it will be about that)
Possibly rebellion?
I was wrong, and it was horrible.

'use of a range of locations'... what was that about?!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads