GCSE's next month

Watch this thread
TheAlchemistress
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have my GCSE's next month and I haven't done much revsion I know that I have left it a bit too late. But for some reason am not that stressed for my exams, I am predicted A*-C's and I already know where am currently at for my subjects. For mocks I got one A*, 2 B's and C's and a few a D's and one E. I pretty worried about Maths since they have introduced a-levels questions and even at school when we are in Maths it does get pretty complicated and it makes me wonder how on earth will my Maths GCSEs actually be like?
Walnut Prophecy
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
How many subjects are you currently taking tho? Maths is all about thinking, so if you have good practice of the questions, you should be confident that you know it and you will be able to think well over each question, that's how i do it! I'm worried about my biology paper 6
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
(Original post by Walnut Prophecy)
How many subjects are you currently taking tho? Maths is all about thinking, so if you have good practice of the questions, you should be confident that you know it and you will be able to think well over each question, that's how i do it! I'm worried about my biology paper 6

Am doing English Lit and Language
Maths
Core science
Additional Science
RE
German
Drama
Art
Geography

Am pretty good in all these subjects, it's just that with Maths the method is pretty long and even if I see a question I will use a method and then it turns out that the method is completely different.
Walnut Prophecy
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Maths 0580? wow interesting subjects tho, i just have biology chemistry physics english as a sec language and maths! Actually in Maths you can you any method until the answer is right! But you have to show all your working!
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
I just hope that I pass with grades I want, good luck for your GCSE's.👍
DD2508
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I just hope i can get most, if not all As and A*s (fingers crossed)
Btw how far is everyone with revision so far and how r u lot coping with the new maths and English??
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
(Original post by DD2508)
I just hope i can get most, if not all As and A*s (fingers crossed)
Btw how far is everyone with revision so far and how r u lot coping with the new maths and English??
Am doing pretty good on Geography I went over the content and surprisingly I like it since I never was fond of the subject. Hoping to complete revsion tomorrow morning so I can do some homework. I have A LOT of homework. 😫 And revsion.
Kyliemcdonald
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Corbett maths is a great website to use, there are great videos and practise question, but no mark schemes. I am aiming for all A's and A*'s, but I think I'm kidding myself, because I have done barely any revision.
Good Luck everyone!
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
(Original post by Kyliemcdonald)
Corbett maths is a great website to use, there are great videos and practise question, but no mark schemes. I am aiming for all A's and A*'s, but I think I'm kidding myself, because I have done barely any revision.
Good Luck everyone!
Don't worry you will do good in your GCSE. 👍
Walnut Prophecy
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I've divided my time between all subjects, this week i hope to revise the whole biology syllabus from dg mackean book with past papers, guys any tips for paper 6? and good luck to all of you and me
Walnut Prophecy
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
also check out the ebooks section in 'gceguide.xyz' maybe you'll find a book you need
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads