Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

5 or more AS/A2 levels- common? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Hmm tbh I'd say 4As sounds better than 4As and a B... it's "blemish-free".
    Definitely. Even if you are pessimistic you can't assume that someone with 4As would have got a B on the fifth, because they could have got an A. An optimist would assume an A on the fifth, whereas someone with 4As and a B is stained as the illusion can not be suspended.

I think doing more than 4-5 A2s is fine. I know quite a few people who are. Generally they fall into the following categories:

1. People who are really strong in the sciences, and do Maths, FM, Chem, Phys and Biology, plus GS
    2. People who are really strong in languages, often naturally bilingual. E.g. a girl at my school is doing French, Italian, German, Spanish, English Lit., Economics, GS and Japanese. Talk about sadomasochism! (Bless her though, she got 'the phone call' which means she has definitely got her offer.)
    3. People- like me- are split between humanities, arts and sciences. So, next year I'm doing 5 full A Levels, plus critical thinking and a new pilot 'Perspectives in Sciences', and of course GS!

Regarding universities and A Levels, actually Oxbridge do have a tendency to ask for 4 full A Levels for Engineering and Maths, because of the FM thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Oh, and who is that? Sorry...
    The Mastermind presenter with the catchphrase "I've started so I'll finish..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    2. People who are really strong in languages, often naturally bilingual. E.g. a girl at my school is doing French, Italian, German, Spanish, English Lit., Economics, GS and Japanese. Talk about sadomasochism! (Bless her though, she got 'the phone call' which means she has definitely got her offer.)
    I take it we'll be seeing her in The Times on Friday then?

(Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    Talk about sadomasochism!
    lol indeed, I hate languages! :eek:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.