The Student Room Group

Contemplating

Hey guys,

So just today I realised that I want to get back into education but the problem is, I've only done first year in sixth form where I studied Business L3 and Personal Finance before dropping out and deciding to go into full time work.

I'm 21 at the moment and wondering how to go about this situation. I've always had a passion to get a career in IT but feared of not having the brains for it. I've checked for jobs in IT and most require a degree so now I'm stuck and need your help and found this site and noticed there are others in my situation and require help.

Cheers
Original post by Abdul965
Hey guys,

So just today I realised that I want to get back into education but the problem is, I've only done first year in sixth form where I studied Business L3 and Personal Finance before dropping out and deciding to go into full time work.

I'm 21 at the moment and wondering how to go about this situation. I've always had a passion to get a career in IT but feared of not having the brains for it. I've checked for jobs in IT and most require a degree so now I'm stuck and need your help and found this site and noticed there are others in my situation and require help.

Cheers

Moved to applications and ucas
An access course in computing is a potential option for you, perhaps contact some local colleges and see what they suggest or perhaps a degree with a foundation year.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Moved to applications and ucas
An access course in computing is a potential option for you, perhaps contact some local colleges and see what they suggest or perhaps a degree with a foundation year.

I've been doing some research, and found some universities that do foundation years. Can't contact them at the moment since it's the Easter break as well, so I have to wait a week or two until the holiday is finished
I've been doing some research, and found some universities that do foundation years. Can't contact them at the moment since it's the Easter break as well, so I have to wait a week or two until the holiday is finished

You can always try calling admissions just in case there's staff about but yes you're more likely to get answers in a couple of weeks.

you'll possibly need A2's to get in to a foundation year you'll need 48 UCAS points to do that a quick check on my unis website has confirmed and you can then move on to a degree.

University staff don't go on holiday over Easter (except for an extra day or two either side of the bank holiday).
Reply 6

University departments are usually only closed for the Easter bank holidays. It's only students who get long holidays...

The dept will be open if you call now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending