London College of Fashion (LCF) or Kingston University for BA Fashion

Watch
RocioQuis
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there! I´ve recieved an offer from LCF for Fashion Design and Development and I also applied to Kingston University for BA Fashion where I recieved an interview invitation. I already read the content of both courses but I'm still undecided. So I´m wondering if anyone can share their experience or opinions about which university could be better to study. Thanks for your help!
izzobelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In the rankings, Kingston uni is 2nd in the WORLD for fashion design, after CSM. Kingston is also a really nice location so I'd pick there.
RocioQuis
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by izzobelle)
In the rankings, Kingston uni is 2nd in the WORLD for fashion design, after CSM. Kingston is also a really nice location so I'd pick there.
Thank you for your suggestion Izzobelle. I received offers from both University, LCF and Kingston. I know that Kingston is in a great position in the ranking but I'm worry that it isn't close to the centre of London where I can find a lot of inspiration. On the other hand LCF is also well-known and it's part of UAL. So I still don't know which uni choose!!! By the way, I'm an international student so I can't go to the open days. I was in London and I know UAL but I didn't visit Kingston.
izzobelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello,

Kingston is such a nice area with lovely bars, pubs and restaurants by the river. There is a Weatherspoons which very cheap drinks. And during the summer its a very nice place to chill. Plus you are so near Richmond and Richmond Park which is so good for the summer.

The trains take like 40mins to get to central london and LCF is in Shephards bush which isnt really central anyway.

London is so near each other so dont let the location put you off! Its so easy to get round here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.71%
Uncertainty around my education (83)
11.56%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (76)
10.58%
Lack of purpose or motivation (92)
12.81%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (38)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.71%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (77)
10.72%
Financial worries (47)
6.55%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (43)
5.99%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.34%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (69)
9.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (56)
7.8%

Watched Threads