Hoosha
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Btw philosophy isn't my degree, I'm just doing a philosophy class. It's my first time doing one. My essay topic is the problem of evil, and this book I'm reading is pretty straight forward, I could probably write the entire essay with this thing. Obviously I can't do that and there's about 7 more suggested readings on the problem of evil in the module handbook. But 8 sources for 4000 words seems so little? And I really don't want to have to go and do research for 32 more references when all of what I need is in those 8. What do you think? How many sources do you typically use? (for at least a 2.1)
Catog1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, i just finished a philosophy module and did a 4000 word essay for it. I got told by my lecturer that you far less references in a philosophy essay than you normally do. The handout we got about the module said "as a rule of thumb do not exceed 5 references" i can send you the rest of the handout if you think it'd be useful!!
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
8 sources for 4000 words might be too much, actually. I wrote a BA philosophy dissertation (got an 86) with like 10 sources.

Don't feel pressured into getting loads of sources. What matters is how you engage with them,not how many you have skim read or used a single sentence from.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?