Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What will YOU say to the admissions tutors? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I guess its good to have a back up plan - so I was wondering what to say when I pick up the phone and start to beg! I think my main strategy is to say why I think Id be good at the university and the course.... and why the university is right for me? But I'm not sure how i can 'sell myself', or flatter a university I will know next to nothing about - ne ideas neone?

Ne advice appreciated greatly!!!

x

ReputationRep:
    the unis were given our results on sunday, hence the last 3 days they av been deciding which candidates not makin the grades they wud accept. wot u say will have limited effect

ReputationRep:
    I meant to the university we phone via clearing, ie a completley new one where I can't simply say 'oh I read the books on the reading list and it inspired me; or the campus/town is beautiful'.
    How would u sell yourself to a uni and flatter them if you don't really know anything about them?
    I guess its like an interview, I just wanna be a little prepared, and not completely blind on such an important day!
    x

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't someone try this: "Please please please please please!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolita)
    I meant to the university we phone via clearing, ie a completley new one where I can't simply say 'oh I read the books on the reading list and it inspired me; or the campus/town is beautiful'.
    How would u sell yourself to a uni and flatter them if you don't really know anything about them?
    I guess its like an interview, I just wanna be a little prepared, and not completely blind on such an important day!
    x

you shouldnt need to....in clearing, they will have set a lower limit..say ccc for the course, if someone rings up wanting a place with higher than that, they'll say yes. they need to fill the places as much as you want the space.

love Katy ****

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.