The Student Room Group

What is considered kickable attendance at college?

So I am at 88% attendace but 6% of that is authorised, I am coming to the end of the 2nd year, and I missed a few days lately mainly due to big assignments, is there any risk of getting kicked out if it drops to 86% or so?
Original post by CraigBe7
So I am at 88% attendace but 6% of that is authorised, I am coming to the end of the 2nd year, and I missed a few days lately mainly due to big assignments, is there any risk of getting kicked out if it drops to 86% or so?

Look at the college rules on attendance, they should be on line. If you are still passing all your courses fine then I doubt they care unless attendance is actually stipulated. I doubt you have anything to worry about.
Reply 2
It depends on the college, usually they don't just kick you out. If your attendance gets low they usually first talk to you
At my college if your attendance went down below 80% they'd talk to you and at 70% they would put you on probation. Check the rules at your college
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Look at the college rules on attendance, they should be on line. If you are still passing all your courses fine then I doubt they care unless attendance is actually stipulated. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Well I'm pretty much sitting on D*D*D* so I'm not worried about the grades

Quick Reply