Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

^mjg's results^ watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    do you know him....what happened to him wanting to go LSE?
    no he just IMed me randomly. if he gets good grades tomorrow he's going to ring up LSE and ask if they'll take him

ReputationRep:
    ^mjg^ says:
    got rejcted by lse. ox4d is bettr anyway

ReputationRep:
    3 Hours Until You Die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    I'm speaking to him on MSN now. He's waiting for results in Business Studies, Home Economics and General Studies. He says he might do another year at school, but will try for clearing first.
    oh cool....but lse wont take you for ecos unless you have maths...
    I think he's trying to be funny with the whole 'dumb' image

ReputationRep:
    Yo Alex, you getting problems logging in to the college intranet?

ReputationRep:
    2 Hours Until You Die.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone concerned:

mjg's results are as follows:

Business Studies - U
    Home Economics - U
    General Studies - X
    Has he got the hint not to be bother resitting and wasting yet more tax payers money yet?

ReputationRep:
    He's going to college for another year, and is applying to Oxford.
    Dosn't there become a time when the LEA stops paying though? Surely he would be better of just getting a job, at this rate he will still be retrying A levels by the time he is 64. Is he trying to get in the Guiness Book of records?

I had a mate like him in real life, he had great GCSEs but could not hack A levels, he kept failing and failing them. He is 20 now and has got a job as an accountant clerk, he is taking some exams which will mean he will one day become an accountant. He has one A level at grade E. He wasted 3 years of his life as he could have got that job when he left school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Has he got the hint not to be bother resitting and wasting yet more tax payers money yet?
    After 19, I think you have to pay. Isn't mjg 20?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    After 19, I think you have to pay. Isn't mjg 20?
    I think it depends when you enrol, because I enrolled on a two year course when I had just turned 18 I got all my fees paid for me in the second year when I was 19.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.