How to revise Algebra and Geometry effectively?

Watch
username3109456
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I've got my GCSEs in six weeks and I'm comfortable with all my subjects and most of maths, however, I really struggle when it comes to Algebra and Geometry as I can never get it to stick in my head. Those two topics made me lose a decent amount of marks in my grade indicator (I got the equivalent of a D but had I got the marks from Algebra and Geometry I would have got a C). I feel like if I can get these two topics correct than I can pass maths with ease.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by __CalFrench01)
Hi,

I've got my GCSEs in six weeks and I'm comfortable with all my subjects and most of maths, however, I really struggle when it comes to Algebra and Geometry as I can never get it to stick in my head. Those two topics made me lose a decent amount of marks in my grade indicator (I got the equivalent of a D but had I got the marks from Algebra and Geometry I would have got a C). I feel like if I can get these two topics correct than I can pass maths with ease.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Both geometry and algebra are very wide areas of mathematics. Are there any aspects in particular that you struggle with?
username3109456
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
Both geometry and algebra are very wide areas of mathematics. Are there any aspects in particular that you struggle with?
Quadratic Equations
Constructions
Reciprocal Graphs
Simultaneous Equations
Fibonacci Sequence

Those are the top 5 I'd say, I've tried using the information from my maths book and then working through practice questions but I don't think it works very well. Are there any techniques you'd recommend?
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Geometry and Algebra are very extended lessons in mathematics, even in GSCEs. Any key topics you struggle with? otherwise I would advise you to excercise solving equations in algebra and calculating geometric relations in geometry as long as you got a feeling and understanding for the methods.
rayestar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
practise makes perfect
username3109456
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kallisto)
Geometry and Algebra are very extended lessons in mathematics, even in GSCEs. Any key topics you struggle with? otherwise I would advise you to excercise solving equations in algebra and calculating geometric relations in geometry as long as you got a feeling and understanding for the methods.
Quadratic Equations
Constructions
Reciprocal Graphs
Simultaneous Equations
Fibonacci Sequence

Those are the top 5 I'd say, I've tried using the information from my maths book and then working through practice questions but I don't think it works very well. Are there any techniques you'd recommend?
B_9710
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by __CalFrench01)
Quadratic Equations
Constructions
Reciprocal Graphs
Simultaneous Equations
Fibonacci Sequence

YouTube videos. There's tons of stuff on YouTube for GCSE's.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (26)
14.53%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (50)
27.93%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (73)
40.78%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.97%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise