The Student Room Group

E to an A/B ? AS chemistry help !

Help ! Im failing AS level chemistry. I want to do medicine in the future and chemistry is the biggest requirement to have, yet i havent been doing well in it as a contrast to my other subjects where they are at A's. Do u think i can get it to a possible B/A grade by the 25th of may. I am a very hard worker and currently have a timetabel to finsih the content by the end of this easter break, so i can do pastpapers for the reminder of time. If you are asking, i had done revision all throughout the year, yet i believe my techniques were insufficient, eg not looking back on exams and what i got wrong. Determined to prove people wrong who believe i will fail. Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry for the long text!
Original post by AKDbbb
Help ! Im failing AS level chemistry. I want to do medicine in the future and chemistry is the biggest requirement to have, yet i havent been doing well in it as a contrast to my other subjects where they are at A's. Do u think i can get it to a possible B/A grade by the 25th of may. I am a very hard worker and currently have a timetabel to finsih the content by the end of this easter break, so i can do pastpapers for the reminder of time. If you are asking, i had done revision all throughout the year, yet i believe my techniques were insufficient, eg not looking back on exams and what i got wrong. Determined to prove people wrong who believe i will fail. Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry for the long text!

I'm literally in the same position. I think if we work hard we can do it, there's no reason not to be able to achieve a B considering you've worked through the year, it's not like you're going to be going over confusing completely new content. Good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by imanzaidi
I'm literally in the same position. I think if we work hard we can do it, there's no reason not to be able to achieve a B considering you've worked through the year, it's not like you're going to be going over confusing completely new content. Good luck!!

Its nice to know im not alone. Thats what i've been saying too!

Good luck☺️
Original post by AKDbbb
Its nice to know im not alone. Thats what i've been saying too!

Good luck☺️

Thankyou, good luck with your exams too! :smile:
in theory there is enough time to learn an entire A level and a half from scratch before the exams now and get the A* grade. Realistically this would not work because of anxiety stress pressure and what happens when you get stuck. but your never working from the beginning so its fine yes it should be doable if you work hard.

Of course my assumptions are based on one studying 8 hours a day 7 days a week but again your not starting from scratch so just apply yourself put in as many hours as you need and yes it is doable.
so i have two youtube channels i STRONGLY recommend:

1. E.Rintoul, his channel REALLY helps, he's been asked by TSR to do some videos and he helped me go from a D to a B (i wasnt doing too well in everything else :s-smilie:) note that he will only help if you're doing the AQA new spec course.

2. Allery Tutors, he's also pretty good, not as good as E rintoul but he covers all specs, you just need to be careful as to what is AS and what is A2 and also what stuff you dont need to learn because of edexcel.

also unlike the other sciences chemistry revision requires the perfect balance between past papers AND looking over the knowledge. it's roughly a 50/50
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Luke7456
in theory there is enough time to learn an entire A level and a half from scratch before the exams now and get the A* grade. Realistically this would not work because of anxiety stress pressure and what happens when you get stuck. but your never working from the beginning so its fine yes it should be doable if you work hard.

Of course my assumptions are based on one studying 8 hours a day 7 days a week but again your not starting from scratch so just apply yourself put in as many hours as you need and yes it is doable.

Thank you so much for your help. I acc am studying at least 6 hours a day since the easter break and its going pretty well acc
Reply 7
Original post by Toasticide
so i have two youtube channels i STRONGLY recommend:

1. E.Rintoul, his channel REALLY helps, he's been asked by TSR to do some videos and he helped me go from a D to a B (i wasnt doing too well in everything else :s-smilie:) note that he will only help if you're doing the AQA new spec course.

2. Allery Tutors, he's also pretty good, not as good as E rintoul but he covers all specs, you just need to be careful as to what is AS and what is A2 and also what stuff you dont need to learn because of edexcel.

also unlike the other sciences chemistry revision requires the perfect balance between past papers AND looking over the knowledge. it's roughly a 50/50

Thank you for your reaponse but i acc use both and i agree with you E rintoul is slightly better hes more clearer , but also at times at the end of his vids he does exam questions. I would also recommend A-level chemistry website its really good. What you said about looking over past papers , i really need to ! I need to check what i got wrong to make sure i wont make the same mistake again
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, I did it last year in about 2-3 weeks

Quick Reply

Latest