The Student Room Group

6th form demotivation and not interested in it anymore. HELP!

Lately I've been so demotivated and unattracted to school like never before. As a student, I've always loved learning and the attributes of ambition for education have always been a priority although my goals are not and will never be university related. However, due to the new education laws in the U.K., I had to choose wether to go College or to stay in 6th form. I stayed in my school's sixth form. I have worked hard but it's approaching the end of this academic year (my AS levels) and I want to just get it over and done with. Honestly. I have no motivation anymore. No passion.
I do photography, fine art and health+social care. Throughout this year, I've realised that my schools system sucks and it isnt working for me at all. I waste so much time going to school and walking back for 1-2 hours of "learning" a day. I can say and prove that I have not learnt anything new since year 11. End of GCSEs. Back when learning was a thing. Now it's all "you're on your own- but you can't be independent ". This confuses me so much. We don't get taught so surely we could pick what to do. But no. We have "guidelines", but they DONT TEACH!
And excuse me but, what does A LEVELS stand for? ADVANCED LEVELS. Now, to expand on that- ADVANCED - means expanding your knowledge and learning on something you've already done. I've done my subjects as GCSES too. I WANT TO BE HOMESCHOOLED. Mum and dad are for it, there's no issue. Should I just finish my AS and drop out and do my year 13 from home? Or should I finish my AS Level and continue with an apprenticeship and an online course for something that I want as a full qualification?
Thoughts please :biggrin:
Thanks for reading my rant.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest