Unconditional Offer - Dropping one subject to volunteer abroad instead Watch

mj199711
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone. I'm currently studying ICT, Business Studies and English Language and A level. I recently received an unconditional offer from Manchester Metropolitan University to study business management. I also received an offer from ICS to volunteer with them abroad this summer, however, it would mean missing my English exam. What would be the repercussions of doing this, and would it mean my offer was withdrawn? Thank you
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mj199711)
Hi everyone. I'm currently studying ICT, Business Studies and English Language and A level. I recently received an unconditional offer from Manchester Metropolitan University to study business management. I also received an offer from ICS to volunteer with them abroad this summer, however, it would mean missing my English exam. What would be the repercussions of doing this, and would it mean my offer was withdrawn? Thank you
moved to applications and ucas.
Yes they could take the offer away, it'd be best to ask before making any decisions.
EmmaCx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If it is an unconditional offer, then you already meet the entry requirements to attend university.So I doubt your offer will not be withdrawn, because it wasn't a conditional offer. It's definitely worth double checking with them though. Although definitely consider the impact missing out on English at that level will have on your future career prospects. Also consider how you've most likely been doing a lot of work in preparation for that exam. Obviously volunteering is great, and it's well worth getting some work experience and contributing positively to society. However it's definitely worth having English at A Level, so I would really try seeing if there's some way you can still do some volunteering but attend your English exam.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EmmaCx)
If it is an unconditional offer, then you already meet the entry requirements to attend university.
No. They may still expect an Unconditional Offer holder to fulfil the commitments in their application - i.e. actually sit the exams they said they were going to do. The OP MUST contact the university first and ask if it's ok. They might say no, they might say yes... the point is applicants can't unilaterally change their application. Even for an Unconditional Offer.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi @mj199711,

I would recommend contacting our Admissions Team if you haven't already done so. They can be contacted at 0161 247 2935 or [email protected].

They will be able to advise as to whether not sitting your English exam will affect your offer or not.

I hope this helps

Rebecca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads