Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whats happens in this situation

my firm uni is asking for ABB and my insurance for BBB
    say i get BBB/ABC but i still really wnat to go to my firm choice
    what does the ucas system do
    does it automatically put me for the insurance or does it give me time to maybe phone the firm one to talk ?

thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought that if your firm had decided to take you on despite missing the grades slightly - it should come up on UCAS. Nonetheless, you should ring up your firm and if they accept you, I would have thought that they will notify UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought that if your firm had decided to take you on despite missing the grades slightly - it should come up on UCAS.
    Are you sure? That means that universities will not dismiss you straight away if youu don't meet the entry requirements. That also negates the need to plead with your firm choice to let you in if you've missed the points slightly. If I don't get my firm choice, I'll still plead with them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GSS)
    Are you sure? That means that universities will not dismiss you straight away if youu don't meet the entry requirements. That also negates the need to plead with your firm choice to let you in if you've missed the points slightly. If I don't get my firm choice, I'll still plead with them!
    Exactly right, many universities will still give you a place if you just missed the requirements. It usually depends on how much they like you on your PS or at an open day. If they havn't made a decision yet it's good to call them though.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.