Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Daily migraines, joint pain, muscle pain, fatigue, IBS

Although, the migraines are by far the most debilitating

Probably all linked aswell

Mentioning it to friends is a no-go, ' you look fine, its just a headache, we all get aches and pains, im tired too.'
Urgh! I really do wish migraine was "just a headache".

I am apparently hypermobile (thanks dad...) but really see no point in getting tested. May explain some issues though.

Anyone else have flat feet?
PandaWho
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tiger Rag)

I am apparently hypermobile (thanks dad...) but really see no point in getting tested. May explain some issues though.

Im flat footed! Have special insoles that iv had about 9 years i think but they do help so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ahh sorry to hear about the MH problems My MH issues arised after and just before I was diagnosed with my illness bc before, I would always feel that no one was trying to know what was going on, and after I kept thinking why this was all happening to me ygm? Yh I found that talking to people also helps - my best friend has depression but she doesn't take anti depressants, so we just talk everyday and try our hardest to make sure we're never upset or sad and always try to lift each others spirits whenever we may be. We can't relate in terms of the pain but we can relate in terms of our thoughts and what we may be thinking about.
Yeah, definitely. When people don't even make the effort to try and learn about what's happening with you it really does hurt and take a toll. It's like you tell them as well and they just don't listen. That's really good! I'm glad you guys can help each other

(Original post by furryface12)
:woo: good thread! CFS and possibly fibromyalgia here, among other things. It's most of the time not my main symptom but definitely one of the worst when it is bad! Definitely feeling the useless GP pain too :rolleyes:
I almost feel like I'm collecting diagnoses sometimes because there's just so much that links and overlaps that I have, you know? :laugh:
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PandaWho)
Im flat footed! Have special insoles that iv had about 9 years i think but they do help so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had to get insoles as well. Probably explains why my mum thinks I don't walk properly.
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?

I have quite shallow arches, and walk with my feet rolled in a lot of the time. I find running shoes help though. I used to have orthotics, but I have insanely strong and bendy feet so I'd always break them
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
Yeah, definitely. When people don't even make the effort to try and learn about what's happening with you it really does hurt and take a toll. It's like you tell them as well and they just don't listen. That's really good! I'm glad you guys can help each other
Ik it really does take its toll. :hugs: well atleast we all have each other to rant at if need be :heart: haha thank you
PandaWho
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had to get insoles as well. Probably explains why my mum thinks I don't walk properly.
I probably dont wear mine enough but i can tell when i wear them!
Im also pigeon toed (my toes point inwards) so i was an accident waiting to happen as a kid! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's really interesting. I used to be really really active, but I haven't been in years because I haven't found anything I can do without worsening everything. I might give weights a try at some point! Your results are really great though, very admirable
Thanks Yeah, I've noticed I respond a LOT better to anaerobic activity, e.g. weights with short bursts of intensity and then a few minutes rest. This guy knows his stuff, the last quarter of the video is particularly interesting when it comes to exercise for people with our conditions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_cnva7zyKM
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi all! Fibromyalgia ( and all the tosh that goes with it!) and arthritis. Along with rubbish gp syndrome. And a deathly phobia of brown envelopes!!
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
Thanks Yeah, I've noticed I respond a LOT better to anaerobic activity, e.g. weights with short bursts of intensity and then a few minutes rest. This guy knows his stuff, the last quarter of the video is particularly interesting when it comes to exercise for people with our conditions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_cnva7zyKM
Thanks for that video. It's great to see something out there for people with such conditions, and not just being told to go by a GET like thing like I've been told in the past
furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I almost feel like I'm collecting diagnoses sometimes because there's just so much that links and overlaps that I have, you know? :laugh:
Definitely feeling that one! Most of my stuff isn't even diagnosed yet, the ones I do have don't nearly cover what I actually experience. Think my GP thinks I'm just making it all up to annoy him even more just when he thinks he's worked some of it out :erm: one step at a time I suppose... definitely looking forward to getting a new one as and when I hopefully actually manage to get to uni, the others in my town except for one are even worse.

(Original post by Sammylou40)
Hi all! Fibromyalgia ( and all the tosh that goes with it!) and arthritis. Along with rubbish gp syndrome. And a deathly phobia of brown envelopes!!
I have to admit that last bit made me laugh a lot more than it should have done :lol: welcome!
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have arthritis :sadnod:
Badger Face
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It just so happens I was looking for a thread like this. I would be sleeping but funnily enough I'm in a little too much pain.

I have just your standard run of the mill Chronic Pain.

I never talk about my condition or declare it, my own family don't even know. I don't tell people because I don't see how anyone can help.
zoe0712
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've been suffering with chronic pain in my knee for over a year and finally got a diagnosis (about 4 actually!) of hypermobility syndrome and a few other things and I've had chronic back pain for much longer which doctors just dismissed.
So glad I found this thread - exactly what I needed!
PandaWho
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dont know what ic done but really been struggling with my shoulder blades recently. Can never get comfy at night :sadpanda:

Posted from TSR Mobile
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Welcome to all the new faces :hugs:

In a lot of pain today after a minor accident yesterday. Can't shake the worry that everything will heal but I'll still be in pain. That's exactly what happened with everything else
myblueheaven339
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi all. I have femeroacetabular impingement syndrome which causes pain and inflammation in the hip joint. It's been about 18 months now and I'm still waiting for meaningful treatment. Hopefully though they'll be able to relieve some of the problems with a small surgery.

Posted from TSR Mobile
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Travelled down to London on the train Monday morning and got back in the early hours of Wednesday. Been in agony since. Also had a minor car accident a few days before, which I'm suffering with whiplash from. Hoping to see my GP on Monday because I'm getting what feels like referred pain from my neck behind/below my left shoulder. It hurt there and around my ribs to breathe earlier, and I couldn't move. I couldn't even speak properly because it hurt so much. The highest dose of tramadol took the edge off, but I'm still in a lot of pain. I'm really hoping this isn't going to leave me with more long term pain issues, but it's looking like it may well do. I think that's the last thing I need
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Forgot to mention: decided to ask for a wheelchair! Next time I'm with my GP I'll be requesting one. I can't walk more than about 30 metres anymore, and that's with a nerve inhibitor. I requested a taxi the other day for about 500 meters because I didn't have time to spend 90 minutes walking a few paces, sitting for a bit etc etc, and he just went 'it's just down there, walk it' or something along those lines and drove off. Also nearly had a breakdown on a bus because he let me on for free when my Oyster card was rejected because I knew I couldn't get anywhere to top it up and my phone was dead, and cried in a park because I had to watch a man expose himself in front of me to publicly urinate because I was in too much pain to move away. I need a social life, and a wheelchair will allow me to have one. I won't use it all the time, just when I really need it, but I do need one. My local council made me promise to consider it a few weeks ago, my mum has been bugging me for a while, and I just need to really. Here's hoping he understands and gives me one :crossedf:

Would be really interested to hear from anyone else who needs a wheelchair or walking aid but doesn't use it all of the time if anyone fancies sharing their story :heart:
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Forgot to mention: decided to ask for a wheelchair! Next time I'm with my GP I'll be requesting one. I can't walk more than about 30 metres anymore, and that's with a nerve inhibitor. I requested a taxi the other day for about 500 meters because I didn't have time to spend 90 minutes walking a few paces, sitting for a bit etc etc, and he just went 'it's just down there, walk it' or something along those lines and drove off. Also nearly had a breakdown on a bus because he let me on for free when my Oyster card was rejected because I knew I couldn't get anywhere to top it up and my phone was dead, and cried in a park because I had to watch a man expose himself in front of me to publicly urinate because I was in too much pain to move away. I need a social life, and a wheelchair will allow me to have one. I won't use it all the time, just when I really need it, but I do need one. My local council made me promise to consider it a few weeks ago, my mum has been bugging me for a while, and I just need to really. Here's hoping he understands and gives me one :crossedf:

Would be really interested to hear from anyone else who needs a wheelchair or walking aid but doesn't use it all of the time if anyone fancies sharing their story :heart:
Have you applied for a bus pas and a blue badge? You can normally get them if you have long term walking difficulties.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (35)
21.6%
No (127)
78.4%

Watched Threads