The Student Room Group

Society, patriotism and giving up (relationships wise).

Im currently 18 and at university. Im intensely patriotic, by that i like to preach at parties (occasionaly in the night clubs for a laugh) about the British Empire, tweet about the British Empire, write about the British Empire and have decided that the key to a fulfilling life is to potentially go into public service (do, be it politics or the legal system. In away you could describe me as a patriotic monk.

I have some questions:

in some of the previous threads, people have said how sad or how it has left a sour taste in their mouths from not getting together or experimenting in uni with regards to relationships etc, why is that even appealing (give me a complete break down?

I have decided to devote my life to public service and want to make Britain great again (not in a trump sort of way), society will look down on me or question my mental state for not being in a relationship, we claim we are a liberal democracy, why would people be so condenscding to people who reject the social norms?

Or do you think my time will come, the girl of my dreams will come along and this will just be a stupid, childish stage of my adult life?
Reply 1
Tbh I think extreme patriotism is extremely off-putting. Just my opinion.

I can relate to you in one way though - I want to devote my life to a cause, specifically helping the world environmentally and socially (like during humanitarian crises). It means I'm sacrificing my prospects of getting a long-term lover or even a family, because I'll (hopefully) be all over the world and potentially being in very dangerous situations.

I don't think people are really bothered about whether you have a lover or not, it's your life so live it how you want. But you never know, you may find a beautiful girl that you love to bits :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Amefish
Tbh I think extreme patriotism is extremely off-putting. Just my opinion.

I can relate to you in one way though - I want to devote my life to a cause, specifically helping the world environmentally and socially (like during humanitarian crises). It means I'm sacrificing my prospects of getting a long-term lover or even a family, because I'll (hopefully) be all over the world and potentially being in very dangerous situations.

I don't think people are really bothered about whether you have a lover or not, it's your life so live it how you want. But you never know, you may find a beautiful girl that you love to bits :smile:

hahaha we will see lol. Good luck with your cause. it makes life more fun when you have something big that you want to achieve
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
hahaha we will see lol. Good luck with your cause. it makes life more fun when you have something big that you want to achieve

And good luck with yours :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending