The Student Room Group

University of Bath v.s University of Newcastle

I've applied to study Modern languages at both, and Bath I feel comfortable that I'd finish fluent but I'm worried I won't have the best social life which is the opposite for Newcastle - I'm slightly nuts and I just think I wouldn't suit bath what would you recommend
Original post by Liv green
I've applied to study Modern languages at both, and Bath I feel comfortable that I'd finish fluent but I'm worried I won't have the best social life which is the opposite for Newcastle - I'm slightly nuts and I just think I wouldn't suit bath what would you recommend

Not that I'm an expert in the social life at Bath (though I study there....) what's your understanding of the social life at Bath?

I feel as though people often slam Bath for it for being a small city etc but in reality it's not as bad as people make it out to be. For example, sport is huge at Bath and they always have weekly nights out. The uni runs a few other events during the week and there are a few options in town, plus Bristol is not that far away. I've never actually heard anyone describe the nightlife as crap from someone who had been there...
Original post by Liv green

I studied languages at Newcastle and loved it. The course is really good quality - you said you're comfortable you'd finish fluent at Bath which implies you don't think you would at Newcastle...?
What languages have you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending