The Student Room Group

C7/B7/P7 (OCR 21ST CENTURY) Revision thread for 2017 exams

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by SweetCheeks18
We probably did the same thing but I forgot about the hundred. What was your working out?

I'm not entirely sure but I think I did (170/110)*100 and then I subtracted 100 from the answer
Original post by DD2508
Same! I said the percentage increase was 54.54 but a lot of people got 10%

I also got 54.54 but rounded it to 55%
Reply 82
Original post by Nairbear
I also got 54.54 but rounded it to 55%

The question didn't specify that we had to round up though, right?
Original post by DD2508
The question didn't specify that we had to round up though, right?

It didn't, I don't know why I did but I heard many people get 55% and 10% so if it is 54.54% you will probably get the mark since it didn't say round :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by nish2910
haha i can't believe this is your worst science! anyway, may the chem and physics (especially!) papers be kind to us. also for physics, if i have got 64/64 on CA (before external moderation) is is possible to get an A* overall if i get A B A* on my papers or no? because it's not looking good rn

Yes, of course it is: 85 UMS + 75 UMS + 95 UMS + 100 UMS (I've taken the midpoints for each grade band, except CA) = 355 UMS, which means you're only 5 UMS marks away from 360 UMS (A*). If you've got a high A and high B, you can easily get within the A* boundary.
Original post by CandidateZero
Yes, of course it is: 85 UMS + 75 UMS + 95 UMS + 100 UMS (I've taken the midpoints for each grade band, except CA) = 355 UMS, which means you're only 5 UMS marks away from 360 UMS (A*). If you've got a high A and high B, you can easily get within the A* boundary.

okay thank you :smile:
Reply 86
what did people put for the 6 markers?
You weren't supposed to draw and label. The question was to label the antagonistic muscle (the triceps) and also label the tendons. It was a two mark question. Why are you drawing muscles?...
Original post by Deliciate
You weren't supposed to draw and label. The question was to label the antagonistic muscle (the triceps) and also label the tendons. It was a two mark question. Why are you drawing muscles?...

The question stated to both draw and label the other muscle in the antagonistic pair and label, and the same for tendons.
Reply 89
How did you find todays exam?
Reply 90
There was this question which was a multiple choice one for the graph with the two lines showing heart rate at altitude and not at altitude I think. What choices did people put down?
Reply 91

you're retarded
Original post by Pralish
There was this question which was a multiple choice one for the graph with the two lines showing heart rate at altitude and not at altitude I think. What choices did people put down?

The answer was Fits and then Does not fit (x3).
for C7 do we need to know the main stages of a quantitative analysis?
Original post by Sakibz1
you're retarded

I just confirmed this with people who also sat the exam and they didn't draw tendons either? Genuinely confused, perhaps we misread the question or the question has been misinterpreted.
I just confirmed this with people who also sat the exam and they didn't draw tendons either? Genuinely confused, perhaps we misread the question or the question has been misinterpreted.

same i just asked my friends and they said the same. i got that question wrong regardless tho.
EDIT: ok some are saying you did and some are saying you didn't (obv drawing does not inc an arrow) so i'm rly confused. hopefully lower grade boundaries? lol
(edited 6 years ago)
same i just asked my friends and they said the same. i got that question wrong regardless tho.
EDIT: ok some are saying you did and some are saying you didn't (obv drawing does not inc an arrow) so i'm rly confused. hopefully lower grade boundaries? lol

Lower grade boundaries, ahaha! xDD I don't see why you would need to draw the tendons when it was clearly in the diagram... Either way, it's not that deep and is only one mark for the tendon drawing/labelling whatever!
Lower grade boundaries, ahaha! xDD I don't see why you would need to draw the tendons when it was clearly in the diagram... Either way, it's not that deep and is only one mark for the tendon drawing/labelling whatever!

yeah i'm a bit confused about it! just hoping the gb r lower than last year's. chemistry on the other hand with its insane gb, is going to be the death of me!
yeah i'm a bit confused about it! just hoping the gb r lower than last year's. chemistry on the other hand with its insane gb, is going to be the death of me!

Lool yeah those grade boundaries in chemistry o---o, 52 for an A* last year. Got an A in C7 when I did it early last year but managed to get an A* in all the other modules so it was all good. Hopefully the grade boundaries decrease or you get good grades for the other modules! I feel like the grade boundaries surely can't be any higher than 52 this year????? o.o
Lool yeah those grade boundaries in chemistry o---o, 52 for an A* last year. Got an A in C7 when I did it early last year but managed to get an A* in all the other modules so it was all good. Hopefully the grade boundaries decrease or you get good grades for the other modules! I feel like the grade boundaries surely can't be any higher than 52 this year????? o.o

ah that's so good well done :smile: erm if it is i feel like they might have complaints ahah! hopefully they're lower... if the haber process comes as a 6 marker i will be happy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending