How do i revise for English Language AQA gcse 9-1 ?

Watch
zoe2002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Is there any past papers instead of the specimen one and also is their any other exam boards which do the same style question (9-1 GCSE English Language)?Im in year 10 and i want to revise more for English Language x

Please let me know
Toastiekid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey mayu123
I'm doing AQA English Language gcse and I'm in year 10.
To revise I'd make sure you know the differences between language, structure and form (literally half my class muddled them up and lost a lot of marks)
Watch some Mr Bruff videos on YouTube? We've only covered paper 1 section A but his info on the questions helped me a lot in my mock test last term.
I guess read books as well. Just pick up a book, open it to a random page, read the page and analyse how the writer has use structure/language etc to make the reader feel however they feel.
Are you doing AQA literature? I need help when it comes to the whole novels (Macbeth etc) I completely fail at making original comments!
niamhdoesmaths
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mayu123)
Is there any past papers instead of the specimen one and also is their any other exam boards which do the same style question (9-1 GCSE English Language)?Im in year 10 and i want to revise more for English Language x

Please let me know
Moved to English
zoe2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toastiekid)
Hey mayu123
I'm doing AQA English Language gcse and I'm in year 10.
To revise I'd make sure you know the differences between language, structure and form (literally half my class muddled them up and lost a lot of marks)
Watch some Mr Bruff videos on YouTube? We've only covered paper 1 section A but his info on the questions helped me a lot in my mock test last term.
I guess read books as well. Just pick up a book, open it to a random page, read the page and analyse how the writer has use structure/language etc to make the reader feel however they feel.
Are you doing AQA literature? I need help when it comes to the whole novels (Macbeth etc) I completely fail at making original comments!
Yeah i am are u doing English Language actual GCSE exam this year ?
zoe2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by NiamhM1801)
Moved to English
Thank You xxxx
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No I'm taking them all next year.
Yeah i am are u doing English Language actual GCSE exam this year ?
zoe2002
Rep:
?
No I'm taking them all next year.
wht gcse's are u doing x
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
wht gcse's are u doing x
English lit and Lang, maths, triple science, French, history, mandarin and music.
Am taking them all next year apart from mandarin which is still old spec so I have controlled assessments spread out over this year
Have we got any in common? X
zoe2002
Rep:
?
English lit and Lang, maths, triple science, French, history, mandarin and music.
Am taking them all next year apart from mandarin which is still old spec so I have controlled assessments spread out over this year
Have we got any in common? X
I have French Triple Science English lit+lan Maths and thts just the common ones what board are u in for these !?! x
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have French Triple Science English lit+lan Maths and thts just the common ones what board are u in for these !?! x
Edexcel for all except both englishes which are AQA
zoe2002
Rep:
?
Edexcel for all except both englishes which are AQA
mines mostly all AQA what booksare you doing for English Literature?xx
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
mines mostly all AQA what booksare you doing for English Literature?xx
Pigeon English Machbeth and Frankenstein I think...
zoe2002
Rep:
?
Pigeon English Machbeth and Frankenstein I think...
are u taking triple science AQA?
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
are u taking triple science AQA?
No edexcel. When are your mocks? I've got science in early May the rest in mid June
Torschlusspanik
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Give me some tips on the Paper 1 - Question 3 structure question because i always get 1-2 marks for that section.
username3071756
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I brought a CGP exam style questions to use as past papers
zoe2002
Rep:
?
No edexcel. When are your mocks? I've got science in early May the rest in mid June
In may have u started revising ?!?xx
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In may have u started revising ?!?xx
For science we're being tested on what we learnt last year so I've been revising because I didn't really put in that much effort taking notes last year so I will fail if I don't revise. For my exams in June I will probably begin revising after I get my report in May so I know what I need to work on.
Fannon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hiya, does anyone have any idea about paper 2? Ive got my mocks in 10 days and I have no idea about paper 2 whatsoever! How do you approach the questions and what about writing non fiction?
rebecca.jb
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fannon)
hiya, does anyone have any idea about paper 2? Ive got my mocks in 10 days and I have no idea about paper 2 whatsoever! How do you approach the questions and what about writing non fiction?
Hi c: I'm in year 11 and I struggle with paper 2 as well haha. Anyway, it depends which exam board you're taking but for us (AQA) paper 2 is on the writer's viewpoints and perspectives. The first question is circle four statements that are true/find four statements in the text and it's worth four marks. The second question is worth eight marks and you have to compare viewpoints between the two sources - don't analyse language at all. The third question is focusing on one source and is language analysis, it's worth twelve marks. The fourth question is comparing viewpoints based on something else in the text and is worth sixteen marks - i'm not so sure on this question but I think you can do some analysis and look for a change in perspective in the text. For question five you have to write a broadsheet newspaper article and it's worth 40 marks.

Hope this helps! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (256)
56.89%
I don't have everything I need (194)
43.11%

Watched Threads