The Student Room Group

How do i revise for English Language AQA gcse 9-1 ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rebecca.jb
Hi c: I'm in year 11 and I struggle with paper 2 as well haha. Anyway, it depends which exam board you're taking but for us (AQA) paper 2 is on the writer's viewpoints and perspectives. The first question is circle four statements that are true/find four statements in the text and it's worth four marks. The second question is worth eight marks and you have to compare viewpoints between the two source's - don't analyse language at all. The third question is focusing on one source and is language analysis, it's worth twelve marks. The fourth question is comparing viewpoints based on something else in the text and is worth sixteen marks - i'm not so sure on this question but I think you can do some analysis and look for a change in perspective in the text. For question five you have to write a broadsheet newspaper article and it's worth 40 marks.

Hope this helps! x

I watched some YouTube videos on it and I think I'm getting the hang of it now, well just wait and see I guess. Thanks tho really helped I'm doing AQA too
Reply 21
Original post by Toastiekid
For science we're being tested on what we learnt last year so I've been revising because I didn't really put in that much effort taking notes last year so I will fail if I don't revise. For my exams in June I will probably begin revising after I get my report in May so I know what I need to work on.

ohh thts a good idea when do you start school?
Original post by mayu123
ohh thts a good idea when do you start school?

This week ugh
Reply 23
This week ugh

me 2 i start tomorrow :frown: What sets are you in all your subjects ?x?x!x!
Original post by mayu123
me 2 i start tomorrow :frown: What sets are you in all your subjects ?x?x!x!

We're only set in core subjects am in the highest set for those three although some of my English grades suggest otherwise:s-smilie:
Reply 25
We're only set in core subjects am in the highest set for those three although some of my English grades suggest otherwise:s-smilie:

you know in each sciences for example chemistry do you know wht is included in paper 1 ?
English Language is a LOT more technique based than content based. Therefore, it doesn't truly require much revision once you get the hang of the techniques for each question.

I highly suggest you avoid using PEE paragraphs unless if you want a Level 5/6. Try to stand out and be risky. With Question 5- reading books to increase vocab or playing nerdy RPG games and learning the names if items (and their meaning) is often helpful, since they use archaic, literary terms that should amaze the examiner. Also- be interesting with your story. Describe everything and give it an interesting plot twist- Make it something that you would read yourself and enjoy.
You usually want to set it out like this.

Point (Includes the LANGUAGE/STRUCTURE DEVICE USED like metaphors) and Evidence (1 sentence)
Zoom in on 1 word and explain what it means/does(1 sentence)
Make a perceptive claim about what it could mean from that word or the effect of the deice (1-2 sentences)
Effect on the reader and what the writer is trying to convey (2-3 sentences)
This is basically how I set out my work in my head before doing it. Mix it up, so the work has more flare to it.

Also- don't spend 15 minutes reading the source papers. That is a BAD BAD idea. Just jump onto the first question (easy peasy lemon squeezy), and as you answer the other questions, if anything blocks your brain and is hard hard lemon hard-> Skip it and come back to it. For Question 4 in the Language papers--Try to talk about context (when it was written etc).
At the end of the day- Timing matters on these questions. Maximise your marks, don't try to get full marks from 1-3 questions. As it is easier to gain 20/25 marks in Section B than on Question 4 or Question 1,2 and 3. Play it smart.
Original post by mayu123
you know in each sciences for example chemistry do you know wht is included in paper 1 ?

Not off the top of my head but if you look in the specification for the exam boards science exam is should say.
Reply 28
Not off the top of my head but if you look in the specification for the exam boards science exam is should say.

ty x
Heyyy!
Just quickly dropped in this thread and wanted to ask whether uve done english lit?
Reply 30
Original post by Aaliyah2001
Heyyy!
Just quickly dropped in this thread and wanted to ask whether uve done english lit?

no i am only in year 11 now and i have my english literature paper 1 mock tomzx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending