Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    :eek: Wow those are amazing results!
    Thank you! I was slightly worried about the Further Maths, as I needed an A (yes, for English!), and the papers were hard.
    I got 600/600 in General Studies, much to my surprise, since I TRIED to take the piss in the papers... I guess the examiners had a sense of humour, and didn't take what they were doing seriously either (since I wrote that pupils would be better off not being forced to sit pointless exams in GS!).

ReputationRep:
    lol, i got a bit cocky in my p3 exam as well. There was a mistake on the comprehension section and so i used up half my answer space to write "You really should spend more time making sure you actually WRITE the correct information on a sheet of paper...since when does a line cross the y-axis as (1,0)!!!!" or something to that effect.....i bet that's where i lost my mark!

(Original post by Willla2)
    how do you know if you're top 5 or whatever?
    you get a letter with your results from the exam board

ReputationRep:
    Wow.....reading what everyone else got...i suddenly feel stupid...i bet i'm the dumbest student in cambridge!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Wow.....reading what everyone else got...i suddenly feel stupid...i bet i'm the dumbest student in cambridge!!!

G

I got AABB which was pretty bad (although one of the Bs was from last year). lex got the same.

MB

(Original post by Werther)
    Thank you! I was slightly worried about the Further Maths, as I needed an A (yes, for English!), and the papers were hard.
    I got 600/600 in General Studies, much to my surprise, since I TRIED to take the piss in the papers... I guess the examiners had a sense of humour, and didn't take what they were doing seriously either (since I wrote that pupils would be better off not being forced to sit pointless exams in GS!).

you can join me in shame over unexpectedly good GS results... I got 597 and a top 5 ... the shame

Did you do AQA A? because I wrote about that as well!!

just think, if id actualy looked at the pre-releasematerial before the exam... my shame could have been as big as yours must be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I got AABB which was pretty bad (although one of the Bs was from last year). lex got the same.

MB
    Yup, my attitude is I think I'll thrive in the cambridge teaching setup, so I don't expect to make a habit of Bs (or their equivalent).

ReputationRep:

G
    LOL, I'd imagine a lot of people feel like that for a while when they get there. I'm sure you're not...just remember, Prince Charles went to Cambridge, so you'll always know someone dumber than you went there at one time.

Jacob, what is the date in your sig? That's past our graduation day!

ReputationRep:

MB
    You probably aren't stupid like me..you seem intelligent in your posts....i on the other hand.....:confused:

G

ReputationRep:
    i know what you mean geoff, even with my 5 As I suddenly feel incredibly stupid....how could i drop so many marks!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Yup, my attitude is I think I'll thrive in the cambridge teaching setup, so I don't expect to make a habit of Bs (or their equivalent).

My attitude is much cruder: Who gives a flying f**k about A-levels. We are f**king going to Cambridge.

MB

ReputationRep:
    My attitude is much cruder: Who gives a flying f**k about A-levels. We are f**king going to Cambridge.

MB
    >=D

ReputationRep:
    You probably aren't stupid like me..you seem intelligent in your posts....i on the other hand.....:confused:

G
    i think it'll become clear to all that I am the thickest Cambridge undergraduate-to-be...i have no common sense, no logic of any kind, really there's just no light bulb there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Jacob, what is the date in your sig? That's past our graduation day!

How many times have I said this? It is there to take the piss out of people who have countdowns in their sigs.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i think it'll become clear to all that I am the thickest Cambridge undergraduate-to-be...i have no common sense, no logic of any kind, really there's just no light bulb there

Not to mention you being from liverpool.

MB

ReputationRep:
    Not to mention you being from liverpool.

MB
    actually just south of there dahling dear me i thought you intelligent types tried to avoid stereotypes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    actually just south of there dahling dear me i thought you intelligent types tried to avoid stereotypes

Me? Intelligent? Have i missed something?

MB

ReputationRep:
    Me? Intelligent? Have i missed something?

MB
    only in comparison to me, seeing as i'm from a region near liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    I'm sure you're not that bad.

See most people on this board have more grades than me. This is my idea of common sense: I did 5 AS-levels and got 5 A's, so I carried all of them on to A2 because I couldn't choose which one to drop. Then I got all my university offers, and none of them wanted 4 A-levels, so I dropped the 2 subjects I didn't need straight away. I still covered all of the course on my own using the textbooks I already had (seemed a shame to waste them), but sitting the exams was just a waste of time and money...so I only ended up with 3 A's.

ReputationRep:
    How many times have I said this? It is there to take the piss out of people who have countdowns in their sigs.

MB
    Grr...why is it when anyone explains what their name means or what's the meaning of a line in their signature, I always miss it.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.