Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Grr...why is it when anyone explains what their name means or what's the meaning of a line in their signature, I always miss it.
    You don't pay attention?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    You don't pay attention?
    Sorry, did you say something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Sorry, did you say something?
    <grin>
    cheeky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    <grin>
    cheeky
    *stony look* Never.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kath)
    Further Maths?!?! :eek:

I got one in physics, but further maths is a lot harder!
    It was top 5, but only out of 530 people (I got 596/600), so in some ways it's easier to get a top 5 (lost the four marks last year on Pure 6). Would have gladly swapped that for a 1 in STEP 3 though. Either way, I don't really care now as I'm in! Still happy... (and, like fishpaste, I hope to thrive [actually scrap that, make that survive] with the extra tutoring I'll get at Cambridge (as opposed to the none I got for the last two years for further maths and STEP :rolleyes: ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Wow.....reading what everyone else got...i suddenly feel stupid...i bet i'm the dumbest student in cambridge!!!

G
    This position is taken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    It was top 5, but only out of 530 people (I got 596/600), so in some ways it's easier to get a top 5 (lost the four marks last year on Pure 6).
    :eek: 596/600 in further maths :eek: nice one!!!

So there were only 530 of us that did further maths A-level in the country? Doesn't seem a lot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjoshi64)
    Name (preferably real): Shashank
    Subject: Economics
    College: Gonville and Caius
    Grades achieved: AAAA
    Good enough to get in? (Yes if you didn't meet your offer but got accepted anyway)
    Future plans: Umm.. Go to Cambridge?
    Ah, another Caian... G will be pleased...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we do seem to be outnumbered by most other UKL colleges...

Getting advice on Cam things can be difficult, I've realised, because so much stuff is highly college (or subject) specific. What to bring probably varies so much college to college. Also I've been wondering about rooms, but it's useless asking anyone so are there any current Caius students I could harass?

(Original post by theoffender)
    :eek: 596/600 in further maths :eek: nice one!!!

So there were only 530 of us that did further maths A-level in the country? Doesn't seem a lot...
    when you get a top 5 it's out of the people who did your syllabus, i think.

(Original post by boomerangman)
    Name (preferably real): Rob, Robert, Robbie or variations on that theme.
    Subject: Engineering
    College: Trinity Hall
    Grades achieved: AAAB
    Good enough to get in? Yep thank God.
    Future plans: "Same thing we do everyday Pinkie. Try to take over the world!" But before that, an engineering degree from Cambridge would be nice. And that MIT-Cambridge exchange thing sounds cool.

Only 530 did Further Maths!?!? That's mighty low. But saying that, I think Cambridge is one of the only places where it is pretty much compulsory (correct me if I'm wrong), for Engineering anyway. So half those doing FM prob got in to Cambridge.

Rob
    the 530 is just for that particular syllabus i think.

ReputationRep:
    Future plans: "Same thing we do everyday Pinkie. Try to take over the world!" But before that, an engineering degree from Cambridge would be nice. And that MIT-Cambridge exchange thing sounds cool.

Only 530 did Further Maths!?!? That's mighty low. But saying that, I think Cambridge is one of the only places where it is pretty much compulsory (correct me if I'm wrong), for Engineering anyway. So half those doing FM prob got in to Cambridge.

Rob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    the 530 is just for that particular syllabus i think.
    Ahh I see. Any idea how many did overall? And what modules did you do, and what were your faves and worst? Sorry for talking about maths in free time. Bad habit really.

Rob

Ahh I see. Any idea how many did overall? And what modules did you do, and what were your faves and worst? Sorry for talking about maths in free time. Bad habit really.

Rob
    according to http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/grap...nexam19big.gif just under 6000 odd.

I did (maths) P2(retake) p3 and s1 this year and I also took modules in g.studies, bio, chem, and physics.

faves: none
    worst: p3 and physics!

rosie

ReputationRep:
    which f maths syllabus we talking here?

ReputationRep:

Rob
    Ah! You're the Rob from Cambridgegossip...hi..i'm geoff

Well done on your grades!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjoshi64)
    Yes, we do seem to be outnumbered by most other UKL colleges...

Getting advice on Cam things can be difficult, I've realised, because so much stuff is highly college (or subject) specific. What to bring probably varies so much college to college. Also I've been wondering about rooms, but it's useless asking anyone so are there any current Caius students I could harass?
    YAY!!! CAIUS!!!!!!

KHL is a current Caius student..although i haven't seen him around here for a while. I'm sure they'll tell you stuff in the freshers pack though.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Haha! More Engineer Ruling! :cool:
    Hell Yeah!

Hey Squishy. I forgot to say that I'm defering so I'm in the wrong place on your list. Nice idea with list btw.

Rob

ReputationRep:
    Hell Yeah!

Hey Squishy. I forgot to say that I'm defering so I'm in the wrong place on your list. Nice idea with list btw.

Rob
    Thanks. Changed where you were.

I thought the list might be helpful to anyone who wanted to find out if there were any UKLers in the same college/course as them, but I know not every Cambridge person on this board has posted on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Ah! You're the Rob from Cambridgegossip...hi..i'm geoff

Well done on your grades!!!

G
    That's me. I discovered all these forums yesterday and signed up for all of them.

Thanks. Congrats to you too!

Gtg eat breakfast.

Rob

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.