The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
opps, i meant the colouring in comments about geog. damn its tricky attempting sneaky posts whilist at work :smile:
theoffender
My worst module was P4, but my favourite module was P5... work that one out!! I was on OCR syllabus by the way. Oh and also, you live between Bristol and Bath? Do you live near Keynsham?

My worst was Stats 1. Mind numbingly boring stuff. Almost lost will to live doing it. Favourite was all the Mechanics Modules, especially M3. I did P6 instead of P5 and it wasn't too bad. I agree that P4 did suck a bit tho. I was on OCR too.

I haven't done Maths (or come to think of it, anything) for two months now and I am so outta practise. Basic addition is becoming a struggle.

I live in Warmley, about two minutes down the road from you! Lol! What are the chances of that. What college did you go to? Wellsway? I was at John Cabot CTC in Kingswood.

Rob
Ovacik
opps, i meant the colouring in comments about geog. damn its tricky attempting sneaky posts whilist at work :smile:

On the subject of colouring, you should have seen the biology class at my college. It was suprising what they could do with a pack of chunky markers and two pieces of sugar paper. We ripped it out of them for the whole two years. Especially when they started using the medium of dance. Lol! I don't know what exam board they were on but it was daft. Completely daft.

I liked geog in gcse. But only for one priceless memory. My geog teach was shouting at this kid and he was in mid rant when his teeth fell out. Hillarious. Laughed so much it was painful.

Rob
Reply 263
thats jokes, unfortuntatly nothing like that ever seamed to happen in my class, although once in maths the teacher trew up in the bin :frown: it wasn't nice
Reply 264
threw up*
Reply 265
Ovacik
thats jokes, unfortuntatly nothing like that ever seamed to happen in my class, although once in maths the teacher trew up in the bin :frown: it wasn't nice

One of my favourite memories of school is putting Tippex on our Maths teacher's arse.
Reply 266
hehe,we managed once to lock the math teacher out of the class room, much amsument
boomerangman
My worst was Stats 1. Mind numbingly boring stuff. Almost lost will to live doing it. Favourite was all the Mechanics Modules, especially M3. I did P6 instead of P5 and it wasn't too bad. I agree that P4 did suck a bit tho. I was on OCR too.

I haven't done Maths (or come to think of it, anything) for two months now and I am so outta practise. Basic addition is becoming a struggle.

I live in Warmley, about two minutes down the road from you! Lol! What are the chances of that. What college did you go to? Wellsway? I was at John Cabot CTC in Kingswood.

Rob

Ach, didn't like M3... prob cos I did it in the first year of sixth form, everyone ended up getting D's E's and U's on it! I know what you mean about getting outta practice, I can barely remember anything, I'm sure i'll have to at least flick through my folders before uni starts.

Aye good guess, I went to Wellsway! You weren't in the evening post yesterday were you... cos if you were I'm looking at you right now (makes me sound like a stalker but nevermind!). What college are you off to in October?
theoffender
Ach, didn't like M3... prob cos I did it in the first year of sixth form, everyone ended up getting D's E's and U's on it! I know what you mean about getting outta practice, I can barely remember anything, I'm sure i'll have to at least flick through my folders before uni starts.

Aye good guess, I went to Wellsway! You weren't in the evening post yesterday were you... cos if you were I'm looking at you right now (makes me sound like a stalker but nevermind!). What college are you off to in October?

Ouch! M3 in the first year. Madness. It was the last module I did. I chucked most of my maths notes (well actually I had quite a few so I burnt them on a big bonfire) but I kept most of the key ones.

Yeah I am! I'm the guy in the picture in the top right hand corner of page 23. I'm taking a year out to work for an Engineering Consultancy in Bath, and then I'm going to Trinity Hall.

Where you off too? And how many people from Wellsway got Cambridge? I'm trying to remember the names of anyone I know who goes to Wellsway......

Rob
Reply 269
Helenia
I just had Rice Krispie Muddles for the first time (ok, I had them three hours ago and nearly choked over them while watching the rowing). Not again, I don't think.

I never have cooked breakfast, even at uni - I don't have time in the mornings, it's always just cereal, or a grapefruit if I'm feeling healthy.

OOooo, I had Muddles for breakfast/mid afternoon snack (ahhh lazy summer days!) the other day! They really are horrible! All wierd & toffee like; but then I don't think any cereal with people and fish shaped bits would taste nice!

Are you married yet? (I found out this morning I get college mums! That worries me slightly, I know womens colleges have that stereotype but will I be expected to marry a girl next year?! lol)
Reply 270
Katie J
Are you married yet?

I just choked on my tea reading this, totally forgetting the context of 'marriage.'
Reply 271
fishpaste
I just choked on my tea reading this, totally forgetting the context of 'marriage.'

It still makes me laugh, I have actually met Helen (not that I made it known who I was or that I knew who she was at the time...too wierd!) and she mentioned she was 'sort of getting married', I was more than a bit confused until she explained!
Katie J
Are you married yet?

Huh?!?! Can you please explain this marriage thing. I haven't heard of this before.

Rob
polthegael
Have you still got the hangover from the other site? :smile:

I hope my explanation about the smurfs sufficed..!

I'm still a bit groggy but not too bad. I couldn't help myself tho because everyone kept buying me congratulatory drinks so I felt obliged to get plastered. Ahh well. Only live once.

Yeah very good *chuckle* I can see how your answer would work :tongue:

Another one then:

How can you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

Answer me that!

Rob
polthegael
That one's easy... Put disappearing dye in it! :tongue:

The mind boggles. :tongue:

What is this marriage think btw?

Rob
boomerangman
Ouch! M3 in the first year. Madness. It was the last module I did. I chucked most of my maths notes (well actually I had quite a few so I burnt them on a big bonfire) but I kept most of the key ones.

Yeah I am! I'm the guy in the picture in the top right hand corner of page 23. I'm taking a year out to work for an Engineering Consultancy in Bath, and then I'm going to Trinity Hall.

Where you off too? And how many people from Wellsway got Cambridge? I'm trying to remember the names of anyone I know who goes to Wellsway......

Rob

Is it engingeering you're doing at Cambridge then? I'm doing physical natsci at st johns. 2 People from Wellsway got into Cambridge, both to do natsci. 3 got into oxford. I was the only boy to get into oxbridge :cool: . Hmmm... trying to think of people that live near you... maybe Paul 'The General' Millard, Tom Purnell, Mark Webb, Alex Wride...
theoffender
Is it engingeering you're doing at Cambridge then? I'm doing physical natsci at st johns. 2 People from Wellsway got into Cambridge, both to do natsci. 3 got into oxford. I was the only boy to get into oxbridge :cool: . Hmmm... trying to think of people that live near you... maybe Paul 'The General' Millard, Tom Purnell, Mark Webb, Alex Wride...

Hmmm, I probably know their faces but the names don't ring any bells. I think a guy called Steven Bacon went to Wellsway. I haven't seen him since 1997 tho :tongue:

Yeah I'm doing Engineering at Trinity Hall.

Well done on getting in!

Rob
Reply 277
boomerangman
Huh?!?! Can you please explain this marriage thing. I haven't heard of this before.

Rob

Tis part of the college parenting system - you have two "parents" in upper years who look after you and one other (your brother/sister) and just check you're ok in the first few weeks. Therefore, in order to pair up for having kids, we need to "get married" and sign up on the list for parenting.

Katie - I am married, I even have a ring! :biggrin: Tis very tacky, but it's the thought that counts. So hopefully will be having one medic and one NatSci for children, but can't be 100% sure. It's so weird that I explained all this to you without knowing who you were or even that you were coming to Cambridge :eek:
Reply 278
Ovacik
hehe,we managed once to lock the math teacher out of the class room, much amsument

Hehe..same..but with our chem teacher....great fun!

Also....my friend bought a box of guylian shell chocolates...borke them in half....scooped out the insides and replaced it with a mixture of vurry paste, paprika, etc.....and then resealed the two halves......and offered them to my latin teacher.....he ate it...or tried to at least....that was also a fun time :smile:

G
gzftan
Hehe..same..but with our chem teacher....great fun!

Also....my friend bought a box of guylian shell chocolates...borke them in half....scooped out the insides and replaced it with a mixture of vurry paste, paprika, etc.....and then resealed the two halves......and offered them to my latin teacher.....he ate it...or tried to at least....that was also a fun time :smile:

G

Classic. I take my hat off to your friend. My chemistry teacher once set fire to the astroturf. We all found it funny. Especially when he had to pay for repairs out of his own pocket.

Rob

Latest

Trending

Trending