Instrument help! Watch

Danielle._x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
So I've been playing the trumpet for 7 years and I know that after my A-levels I want to give it up and try a new instrument. I've thought of violin but when I asked- I was always told to stick to brass family... Which isn't the point.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Zuza K
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Choose whatever one you think will most benefit you and which one you would see yourself playing. I play the violin and I must say it is difficult (doing my grade 8 soon) but if you enjoy a challenge, I would say go for it (biased, I know but whatevs).

Strings: Violin (challenge), viola (frequently confused with violin but has lower sound), cello (warm, deep tone), double bass (slightly jazzy), harp (angelic etc)

Woodwind: Piccolo (quite screechy sister of the flute), flute (graceful delicate sound), clarinet (slightly jazzy too), oboe (sounds "as if the duck were a songbird" ), cor anglais // english horn (similar to oboe), saxophone (yet another jazzy instrument).

Brass: trumpet (but you want to quit), trombone (fun sliding thing), tuba (old man farting lol ), french horn (sounds like HRH The Queen is about to enter the damn building).

Percussion: Instruments for anger issues imo especially with the timpani, you can pretend you're hitting the conductor in the face, but I doubt that you will go far and make a career in playing the triangle.

So, this is my pov on instruments, now choose for yourself.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.03%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.46%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (144)
38.92%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.46%

Watched Threads