The Student Room Group

How to talk to a teacher??

(edited 6 years ago)
You could just flirt with the attractive male ones like I do.
(edited 7 years ago)
You just go and talk to them. That's what teachers are for.

If anything, it makes them think better of you as most teachers hate it when a student bottles up their emotions and turns into a ticking time bomb.
'Sir, Miss, I was wondering if you possibly had a spare period/lunchtime/time after-sch - I wanted to ask you about something?'

It's natural to feel overwhelmed. Whatever it is, you'll feel 10x lighter after discussing it, and they'll do whatever they can to help :smile: Hope it works out
You forget that your teachers will care too. I promise that it will be easy to bring it up, just at the end of the lesson you go to your teacher with something in mind that you struggle with and they can help you visualise what's wrong and where to correct it. If it isn't solved there, they might recommend you to a study support or whatever other facilities they have on your campus. Just don't overthink it, it really isn't so hard to take the first step to seek improvement; i believe it's the steps afterwards in order to make them is where it gets challenging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous20000
I'm really really stressed with school and work, it's all building up and getting too much now where I'm really suffering and I think I have anxiety and maybe mild depression... I'm soooo scared that I'm going to fail my a levels and not get anywhere in life. How do I talk to my head of sixth form about this?? What do I say and how do I go about it????

Your Head of Sixth Form will have had similar conversations with students many times before. They can't help you if you don't speak to them.
Original post by Anonymous20000
I'm really really stressed with school and work, it's all building up and getting too much now where I'm really suffering and I think I have anxiety and maybe mild depression... I'm soooo scared that I'm going to fail my a levels and not get anywhere in life. How do I talk to my head of sixth form about this?? What do I say and how do I go about it????

you open your mouth and speak
Teachers are people like you and me. They've undoubtedly had so many stressed students before who feel very similarly to how you do now and they know how to help you. Try to find the head of sixth form on their own (in a classroom or in their office) and tell them that you're worried about your a levels and that stress is building up. If you really are nervous about approaching the teacher, you could go to your school pastoral care unit and talk to them; my school's department are lovely and try to help as much as they can so I would recommend trying to go there! And remember, your teacher absolutely wont judge you and shouldnt dismiss how youre feeling! Good luck :smile: I hope your a levels go well

Quick Reply

Latest