How can I be that bad at texting!?! No one replies! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
When I get a girls number normally on a night out I text them the next morning saying something like "Hey how are you? Did you have a good time last night?" and they usally reply to that. However the conversation noramlly lasts like 1 - 2 messages after that. Is that 'ice-breaker' weak / a bad conversation starter? Are girls you meet on a night out wanting a text more flirty?

For example the last girl I met said she was really into me and kept calling me hot, spent the whole night with her and her mate. I got a taxi back with her but did not sleep with her... (reason for not sleeping with her is unkown) Anyway the next morning I text her the same thing as above. She replied within 2 mins to it saying "I'm fine thank you, how are you? I had a really good night! How about you?" I replied saying "Last night was really good! I'm okay thank you still recovering. What are you doing today?". She didn't reply to that, I waited like 2 day and then sent a sarcastic text saying "Oh really!? Sounds like you had a good day", she replied saying "Sorry! I was out all day with my sister! Sorry I didn't get back to you x" and the conversation just stopped there!

This has happned to me like 3 times now, I've only really had one conversation that lasted like a week but that was on Snapchat. What am I doing wrong do I need to be flirty in situations like this?
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When I get a girls number normally on a night out I text them the next morning saying something like "Hey how are you? Did you have a good time last night?" and they usally reply to that. However the conversation noramlly lasts like 1 - 2 messages after that. Is that 'ice-breaker' weak / a bad conversation starter? Are girls you meet on a night out wanting a text more flirty?

For example the last girl I met said she was really into me and kept calling me hot, spent the whole night with her and her mate. I got a taxi back with her but did not sleep with her... (reason for not sleeping with her is unkown) Anyway the next morning I text her the same thing as above. She replied within 2 mins to it saying "I'm fine thank you, how are you? I had a really good night! How about you?" I replied saying "Last night was really good! I'm okay thank you still recovering. What are you doing today?". She didn't reply to that, I waited like 2 day and then sent a sarcastic text saying "Oh really!? Sounds like you had a good day", she replied saying "Sorry! I was out all day with my sister! Sorry I didn't get back to you x" and the conversation just stopped there!

This has happned to me like 3 times now, I've only really had one conversation that lasted like a week but that was on Snapchat. What am I doing wrong do I need to be flirty in situations like this?
I don't think you're doing much wrong with your replies, but maybe after a few chats you can arrange to meet up with her for drinks or dinner. Even if it's a casual meetup, you get to know people better in person than over text. Texting all the time is boring for some people and they'll lose interest if that's all you're gonna do.

With that girl who was with her sister, you can message her again with another conversation starter. Just because that conversation was over, doesn't mean you can't start a new one.
EmmaCx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I think the issue is, a lot of girls give their numbers on nights out while drunk then realise in the morning they aren't actually that interested. I'm sure even you've thought back to people you were into during the night, then changed your mind once you were sober. I would try not to take it too personally. Some people get overly flirty on nights out, or are just after a one night thing. Texting the next day can feel a bit like you're actively pursuing something more.

I would just try being funny and chatty - mention to them things during the night etc. If they don't text back, try not to beat yourself up over it. It's not a huge deal, you don't even know them that well really. Just keep doing what you're doing. You will come across someone who is actually interested in keeping things going, or they had a laugh and want to give being friends a go etc. Try not to rush into 'Do you want to go out?', but maybe after a bit of a chat you could ask for them to go out for drinks. Even asking them for their Snapchat etc, because that can be a good way of conversing with someone if you're stuck for idea. E.g. sending them joke snaps if they're out drinking, or posting snaps of them bored etc.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by EmmaCx)
I think the issue is, a lot of girls give their numbers on nights out while drunk then realise in the morning they aren't actually that interested. I'm sure even you've thought back to people you were into during the night, then changed your mind once you were sober. I would try not to take it too personally. Some people get overly flirty on nights out, or are just after a one night thing. Texting the next day can feel a bit like you're actively pursuing something more.

I would just try being funny and chatty - mention to them things during the night etc. If they don't text back, try not to beat yourself up over it. It's not a huge deal, you don't even know them that well really. Just keep doing what you're doing. You will come across someone who is actually interested in keeping things going, or they had a laugh and want to give being friends a go etc. Try not to rush into 'Do you want to go out?', but maybe after a bit of a chat you could ask for them to go out for drinks. Even asking them for their Snapchat etc, because that can be a good way of conversing with someone if you're stuck for idea. E.g. sending them joke snaps if they're out drinking, or posting snaps of them bored etc.
Yeah there has been some girls that I regret getting with the next morning however I normally dont get their number and I don't spend the whole night with them. The girls I message the next morning are the one I spend most of the night with and seem to be really into me. With the girl I used as my example she came up to me and my mates and kept looking at me whilst I was dancing. I'm the kinda guy to let all my friends have first pick as I'm not that desprate, but she picked me...
EmmaCx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah there has been some girls that I regret getting with the next morning however I normally dont get their number and I don't spend the whole night with them. The girls I message the next morning are the one I spend most of the night with and seem to be really into me. With the girl I used as my example she came up to me and my mates and kept looking at me whilst I was dancing. I'm the kinda guy to let all my friends have first pick as I'm not that desprate, but she picked me...
That's the thing - just because you wouldn't do it, doesn't mean someone else wouldn't. Yeah maybe it is a bit weird, but maybe when she's sober she's actually really shy. I'm so much more confident drunk, than I am sober. Maybe just try starting with something that's funny or whatever - e.g. referring to something silly you/she done while drunk during the night. Just experiment, see what works best for you - e.g. being more casual, being more forward etc. Obviously not everyone is going to respond the same, but you might find something that you feel works best for you. Worst comes to worse, and you don't get to know her beyond that night. You're not any worse off really
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.91%
No I am happy with my course choice (390)
56.85%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (97)
14.14%

Watched Threads