Eating meat is as bad as smoking/doing drugs

Watch
xBeautifulMind
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
That is why our ancestors only lived up until they were about 40 years old- they only ate meat.
We know and accept that smoking and doing drugs is bad for us, yet we refuse to see what meat does to our bodies.
There is scientific evidence to show the damaging effects of meat, but it is not funded or broadcasted in the media (since this would make so many companies bankrupt) so not enough attention is paid to it.
The production of meat is also highly unethical. In this era, there is so much cruelty-free and karma-free food available that it is uncalled for to kill animals!
PrettymuchGod
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ImageImageImage
Somepersonhere
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Meat tastes good, and meat also is good for you in some ways, so we arent gonna get rid of it.
username1842595
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tbh idc because I eat meat in moderation and in a healthy manner and the positives outweigh the negatives so idc i love meat and i wont stop eating it lol
annex gibraltar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jessika300599)
That is why our ancestors only lived up until they were about 40 years old- they only ate meat.
You know your point is bad when you have to lie to get it across.
xBeautifulMind
Rep:
?
(Original post by Somepersonhere)
Meat tastes good, and meat also is good for you in some ways, so we arent gonna get rid of it.
It is not karma-free though.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There is scientific evidence to show the damaging effects of meat, but it is not funded or broadcasted in the media (since this would make so many companies bankrupt)
Have you any idea how much money cigarette companies used to make?

The idea they wouldn't advertise these 'facts' because some companies would stand to lose money is moronic.

If there are facts, present them.
Somepersonhere
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't believe in karma, and also not in god/devil etc.
I explain things right now as luck, but that is even questionable. In the future we can explain luck and predict it probably, knowledge of the coin flip before the flip is the ultimate power
TheGoodPharaoh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The plants, fruit and veg you eat were brutally ripped from their homes to be brutally sliced and diced #PlantLivesMatter
BigYoSpeck
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
All my meat is karma, Santa, unicorn, tooth fairy, and gender pay gap free.
xBeautifulMind
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Have you any idea how much money cigarette companies used to make?

The idea they wouldn't advertise these 'facts' because some companies would stand to lose money is moronic.

If there are facts, present them.
Here are some articles for you to look at for further reading.

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-u...t-environment/

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/artic...eat-based-diet

http://www.evolvingwellness.com/post...er-eating-meat

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1378...s-even-chicken

http://www.prevention.com/food/healt...ating-red-meat

https://www.vegansociety.com/go-vegan/why-go-vegan

https://nutriciously.com/why-go-vegan/

http://www.rd.com/health/healthy-eating/going-vegan/
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Many of our ancestors lived way beyond 40 - child mortality was what brought average lifespan down. But they didn't eat much meat anyway - the vast majority of calories came from foraging. What are you on about.

The economic and moral arguments are far more powerful points in favour of reducing meat intake (cue the 'but meat tastes good' idiots).
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Vegan propaganda and eco-terrorists. No thanks. Go preach elsewhere.
username3110466
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We know and accept that smoking and doing drugs is bad for us, yet we refuse to see what meat does to our bodies.
There is scientific evidence to show the damaging effects of meat, but it is not funded or broadcasted in the media (since this would make so many companies bankrupt) so not enough attention is paid to it.
The production of meat is also highly unethical. In this era, there is so much cruelty-free and karma-free food available that it is uncalled for to kill animals!
lol wtf you on about they didnt die because they only ate meat.....
Trapz99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Meat is delicious, if you don't like it don't eat it but don't hate on those who do.
hezzlington
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The most recent study I've seen said it does increase your chances of cancer, but no where near the extent of smoking cigs. Several orders of magnitude lower infact.
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Worst argument I've seen yet to not eat meat lol, we were never entirely carnivorous. Also you counteracted the argument of other vegans who say that we are herbivorous from our ancestors.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by annex gibraltar)
You know your point is bad when you have to lie to get it across.
I mean, that's more or less true, if a little exaggerated - in medieval times, average life expectancy was more like 40-50. All the same, that probably had more to do with massive infant and childhood mortality than with more meat-eating.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheGoodPharaoh)
The plants, fruit and veg you eat were brutally ripped from their homes to be brutally sliced and diced #PlantLivesMatter
The animals you've been eating were also brutally dismembered, but also, so were the vastly greater amounts of plants that had to be fed to the animals before they were fit to be slaughtered. Even if we were going to extend compassion towards plants, vegetarianism and veganism make more sense.
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
I mean, that's more or less true, if a little exaggerated - in medieval times, average life expectancy was more like 40-50. All the same, that probably had more to do with massive infant and childhood mortality than with more meat-eating.
Yeah but their argument was that it was down to meat consumption... which it wasn't and we probably eat more meat now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (148)
14.62%
I'm not sure (43)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.94%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise