The Student Room Group

Intercalating Medical Student - Funding?

Hello,

I’m you can refer me to the right person to help me out. I’m trying to work out how much funding I will receive next year and have been getting different information from everyone. Student Finance seem to be clueless and telling everyone different things.

This is my situation:

I am currently in my fourth year of Medicine. I am a home student, and this is my first degree.

My whole time at uni I have received student finance.

Next year, I am intercalating, studying for a Master in Translational Medicine (MRes).

Next year, as my fifth year of study, I will receive NHS funding.

My question is whether or not I will receive the same support from SFE that I would receive if I was staying in Medicine rather than taking a year out.

Some people are saying that because I will be studying a Masters degree I will only receive NHS funding, other people have said I will get both.

Additionally some people are suggesting that because I will be completing a Masters degree next year, when I return to medicine I will no longer be entitled to any funding from SFE.

All of this will affect whether or not I am able to intercalate next year, so I would be very grateful if you are able to answer these questions or forward this to someone who can.

Thanks and best wishes,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending